UKBouldering.com

Downhill Domination, "dropping in" (Read 281358 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
That looks seriously good - I'm psyched for an uplift...but perhaps with something a bit easier first to re-start my (post knee) year - Cwmcarn?

Talking of which, can't find any news regarding the new DH track at Cwmcarn, anyone know anything?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
More keen for the mid Wales uplifts that are 2 hrs shorter to get to... And frankly more fun... But yeah... Whatever whenever... Fancy a UKB uplift?? Im keen... Who's sorting????

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Sort of...the drive time is only an hour different and Cwmdown > Moelfre at the easier end of DH uplifts imo.   There's Caersws but then that's going to be just as tough as Revolution.

Fuck it, I'll do owt, nothing on Revolution looks as goey as the Scottish tracks so I'm sure it'll be fine. Busy next few weekends but after that I intend to burst forth like a beautiful butterfly emerging from its chrysalis ... or a well-ripe shite emerging from a fusty bumhole, take your pick.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
we just built this little track closer to home
Nice  :thumbsup:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Sort of...the drive time is only an hour different and Cwmdown > Moelfre at the easier end of DH uplifts imo.   There's Caersws but then that's going to be just as tough as Revolution.

Fuck it, I'll do owt, nothing on Revolution looks as goey as the Scottish tracks so I'm sure it'll be fine. Busy next few weekends but after that I intend to burst forth like a beautiful butterfly emerging from its chrysalis ... or a well-ripe shite emerging from a fusty bumhole, take your pick.

One hour different my arse...

Whatever.

Keen to go..

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Ok, let's get some *Science* on your medical ass!

According to gmaps the difference is 1hr 10m. Cwmcarn has way more motorway on it so at a safe motorway speed of 85mph the difference will really be <1 hr.

ianv

• forum abuser
More keen for the mid Wales uplifts that are 2 hrs shorter to get to... And frankly more fun... But yeah... Whatever whenever... Fancy a UKB uplift?? Im keen... Who's sorting????

Back in the uk as of next week so I'm up for something  :thumbsup: . Although signing up for uplifts last year was the starter for shoulder armageddon   :( .

ianv

• forum abuser
Anyone riding weekends at the moment?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Keen to get out next weekend, social engagements this one coming...

underground

• forum hero

Keen to get out next weekend, social engagements this one coming...

Yeah me too... Ian, I expect the dawn raids will be restarting next Sunday...

ianv

• forum abuser
Weekend after next I am picking up junior from Dover so no go unfortunately. Weekend after, would be good if you were heading to Eckington or somewhere with an easy push, I would come down with Felix.

bigphil

• menacing presence
Anyone else on here signed up for the Greno Woods mini DH next weekend?  Obi-wan and myself have signed up for the craic.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I think Fatdoc has...

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
He is, the track according to rumours is dreadful, someone has suggested using a road bike and running with it!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Anyone else on here signed up for the Greno Woods mini DH next weekend?  Obi-wan and myself have signed up for the craic.

I'll be there, bright green commencal mini DH with old style yellow Dianesse carbon full face... Come over... Be good to meet u before I case the double of doom.. :wavecry:

underground

• forum hero
I'm sending a body double....

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
He is, the track according to rumours is dreadful, someone has suggested using a road bike and running with it!

I'm not risking me rather creaking roadie frame on the course... But I see your point :)

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer

Really?  I rode it before everyone decided it was a good idea to thrash down it after heavy rain - I thought it was pretty good (and, no, I'm not biased just because I did a bit of digging on it!)  In dry conditions it's a good fun track that anyone could ride - thought that was the idea?  :shrug:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Proves u can't please all the peeps all the time.

I can't get to see it until at least weds,

It's taken at least one wrist so far, so must be a bit of a handful
 :w00t:

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
Proves u can't please all the peeps all the time.

I can't get to see it until at least weds,

It's taken at least one wrist so far, so must be a bit of a handful
 :w00t:

Bloody hell FD, if I can ride it, it can't be that bad!!  Just got to hit the tables and pseudo doubles with a bit of commitment, thrash through the rocky bits and it'll be a breeze.   :2thumbsup:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
dean from the bike tree not so lucky!

Be good to give it a go.. !

BTW, it's gonna b very very wet!!!

Spikes time.

B good to meet u, look for a bright green single crown commencal, old style Dianese full facer and a chest goPro

bigphil

• menacing presence
I'll keep my eye out for you Fatdoc.  I'll be the lanky one on a Marin with black 661 full facer.

I've ridden the course a couple of times in the dry and at the same time John did, as we bumped into him on the day. Though not since it was shut I hasten to add.  I think its alright for someone like me who doesn't do these things too often.  Nothing you couldn't find youself faced with on a day out/trail centre but a different matter when trying to ride it as fast as possible, which I've discovered is not what I normally do.  I just tend to coast and try to maintain speed, whilst I hope this time I will be pushing to go a bit faster (around the gap jump though).

You're right about it being very wet though. 

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
Yeah, bang on Phil - that's exactly what my missus said, it's like a good hard red at a trail centre, no more.  Not looking forward to major slipperiness though!  :-\

I'll see you there Doc, blue and white Yeti, don't know what colour the full face is as I haven't borrowed one yet!

Oli

• obsessive maniac
What do you boyos think about this?
http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,262315.0.html

Haven't dug too much into it, but looks reasonably well specced especially if the price is reasonably negotiable. Anyone ridden one? I'm sort of looking for an all round play bike, as my 4x bike isn't great for getting around on between dh bits if i take it to the woods...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Cheers guys..

JH, 58cm ( medium) full facer spare at my gaff mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal