UKBouldering.com

Downhill Domination, "dropping in" (Read 281327 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
i didn't see this on the thisissheffield calendar, neither did John H. whats the agenda here with the organisers?

they seem like reasonable people and are generating good media... the message is all are welcome... I can see that being overwhelmed by 100s would be not the right thing... but the published media is one of free and easy access to these mini events..

it's lookin very clique to me.. yet loads attend.... if it's a mates race only then make it clear

just a view

i struggle to get out of work on a tuesday, so there  is little personal agenda here... I'd love  a go mind.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
i didn't see this on the thisissheffield calendar, neither did John H. whats the agenda here with the organisers?

they seem like reasonable people and are generating good media... the message is all are welcome... I can see that being overwhelmed by 100s would be not the right thing... but the published media is one of free and easy access to these mini events..

it's lookin very clique to me.. yet loads attend.... if it's a mates race only then make it clear

just a view

i struggle to get out of work on a tuesday, so there  is little personal agenda here... I'd love  a go mind.

Don't know, just saw the video on Singletrack. Looks a good laugh.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
fair play.

gingerninja

• menacing presence
its mainly done through invite on facebook and is an evolution of the winter duel race that was done. its a mate and mates of mate kind of thing. its not cliquey its just its not widely publicised as like you point out there would be far to many people turning up if it was.

gingerninja

• menacing presence
nice little vid dude.

ianv

• forum abuser
Operation done, just wish it had been 3 weeks ago. Apparently the bones were quite a way apart so it would have taken ages to heal. Hurts a bit :'(  . Four f***en weeks in a sling now apparently.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Nice one, didnt want to say but Angie had same thing and it took months to heal /nit properly cos they didnt want to operate.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Glad you've had it done :)  I reckon it'll be a while longer before you can use it in anger mind :(

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
nice one

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
I need to tap the collective knowledge of UKB MTB riders who've flown with BA!

We're ehading out to Morzine in July and the Sleazyjet flights are horrifically expensive, so much so that BA is working out about the same so we'll probably go with them.  The online booking system doesn't allow you to add luggage/bike - are these included in the price? (It's the European Club Class ticket)

Also, I have a cardboard bike box which worked fine in Spain, but was thinking of getting a bike bag. Is it worth it? One of my mates was saying due to the weight of bag & bike it can be difficult to keep under the airline restictions.

Your thoughts?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

We'll be out there in July too, when are you going?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Can anyone recommend decent, cheap DH gloves? My old Troy Lees are full of holes.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
9th to 16th you?

Half tempted to chuck in chalk/shoes/harness and see if I can grab a day of climbing!

ianv

• forum abuser
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57611

if you have little hands the 2010 ones are £7

oh and if you want to buy a bike bag i have a neil pryde one that you could have for £40 or so if you live near bradford

Dolly

• forum hero

Hmmm....what's occurring? :)

http://thisisheffield.co.uk/2011/06/ayeup/

Quite exciting I think. Less than 5 minutes from work  :)
I came in on the road bike today, but will have a ride up there next week and have a look

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
9th to 16th you?
Aah, we're there the week before you!

Cheers for the gloves rec. Ian.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
I'm a bit out of touch of the latest trends - what stuff are most people wearing these days?
Shorts - Got some plain endura ones
Knee/Shin pads - could do with new ones - any recommendations?
Body Armour - Do most people bother in morzine?
Lid - full face? Piss Pot/Skate style? XC vented?
Goggles/Shades?
Tops - race or plain t-shirt?

Don't want to turn up like I've ram raided a bike shop covered in superglue  :-[

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
wear what you want(although lycra is just wrong anyway!) if you are doing down hill only I would suggest a full facer as minimum(hence googles are easier to use with them although you can get away with glasses) body armour optional although I would suggest knees and elbows are so light that to not wear em is pretty stupid. This year i am downgrading from full dainese suit to spine protector thing and elbows/knees. I prefer the knee pads rather than full shin type, in the crashes i have had they stay put far better, only draw back is getting spiked by pedal pins.
Other than that, take it easy on the first day and go laugh at the dj in the Buddha bar and have a giraffe! (I personally think the Mutzig  so talked of is basically vile special brew crap drunk only because your on holiday!)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Half tempted to chuck in chalk/shoes/harness and see if I can grab a day of climbing!

Are you going to have a car there? If not there's not a great deal in walking / cycling distance of Morzine.

If you want to borrow guides I have the ones for Giffre Valley & Arvre Valley.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
fbSf - do you want to borrow a full on motorbike back protector to try before you buy?

imho Mutzig is like all good beer - there's a lot of poorly kept stuff & you need to pick your bar.  Allegedly the brewery ship out different versions and strengths only supplying the best to the 'local' bars.  That'd rule out Morzine then.

gingerninja

• menacing presence
fbsf have you thought about the evoc bag with the built in back protector? ive got one and its pretty good. you can also take the bag bit off and just wear the back protector.
the bag itself fits better than any bag ive ever ridden with. deffo worth a look.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I prefer the knee pads rather than full shin type, in the crashes i have had they stay put far better, only draw back is getting spiked by pedal pins.
I'm tempted to go for pads rather than full lower leg protectors for the heat/comfort factor.

661 Evo D30s or anything else as good (and preferably cheaper)?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Glencoe DH track looks pretty feisty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal