UKBouldering.com

Accomodation in Font (Read 2680 times)

IronManI441

Accomodation in Font
March 07, 2009, 09:30:07 pm
Thinking of heading to Font in April. Would be my first trip and finding it hard to sort out exactly where to stay. Was hoping for somewhere relatively cheap, hostel, hotel, or gite. Any are fine just wondering if anybody had any suggestions. be specific if you could so I could give them a check on the net. Cheers.

Duma

• forum hero
#1 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 07, 2009, 10:32:37 pm
there's a board section for this sort of thing you know.  ::)

Anyway, I'm sure neil h or stef will be along soon to give you some pointers, though if you're going in April you may have left it a bit late. Still, there's always the F1 in town.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:38:37 pm by Duma, Reason: add links »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 08, 2009, 08:20:55 am
If you can't find a gite/hotel/hostel, Les Courtilles du Lido has good camping facilities and you can hire static caravans or frame tents.  Plus they have crazy golf and do pretty good pizzas in the bar  8)

Stef

• player
#3 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 09:32:56 am
Climbing here in april is a good idea, but if you want to come at Easter. It is just crazy out there at this period.
In the big famous areas, you have to queue to climb ! true ! unless you know some "isolated" or "far away" areas, change your dates. And on top of it, you will have a real trouble finding some descent accomodation all around the area. Only the very cheap comfort (and so price) or the very high comfort (and so price) will be still available. Even the campsites are booked up by big noisy groups ! In Noisy ! Then, may sounds a better idea. My gite from 4 to 6 persons is 325euros for the week at this time of the year. that covers a +/- 60euros each for 7 nights. And this season still offers very similar climbing conditions to april. Check it out !

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 10:16:30 am
hi stef. i need a gite week beginning 25 may. for 4 adults and 2 kids,is yours available then.

cheers rich

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#5 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 10:58:15 am
you would be very hard pushed to find something for april, and even may by now, camping would be the oly option unless as steff says you go for the very high priced gites.

Also the camp sites will be rammed full of partying climbers. Good luck

anyway one thing you have to remeber also especially for you hairich is nearly all gites will only take a saturday to staurday booking, that is except one and you dont need to look to far  ;)

goopd luck all, have fun at easter, I personally will be hidding away at my fav hidden crags

nik at work

• forum hero
#6 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 11:50:39 am
Will you not also be at Canche watching me fail miserably on La Puce before you crush it into dust in a cheaty lankster stylee? :)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#7 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 01:40:35 pm
Will you not also be at Canche watching me fail miserably on La Puce before you crush it into dust in a cheaty lankster stylee? :)

how could i miss that. Anyway I have been practising, Found this cool 7c double dyno at Hermitage you should do it,, so nice, see the vid here http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,4073.1400.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:59:45 pm by neil h »

Stef

• player
#8 Re: Accomodation in Font
March 10, 2009, 04:24:52 pm
Hi Hairish,

That week is terribly a big demand.  is that some kinda bank or school holiday out there in UK ?  that means my Gite is booked (saturday to saturday, that's right Neal !) but also that, starting and ending at any day, I got some availability in my B&B. Check www.bonadresse.com/ile-de-france/la-chapelle-la-reine.htm and ask for more details on the email linked out there if you wish. Cheers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal