UKBouldering.com

Clever bike people - Tell me things, please! (Read 18684 times)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I'm not sure if a crotch like rhino hide is what I've always wanted...  ???  I suppose at least it won't be a nsaty surprise now when it happens.

I'm swinging back towards getting shorts now, not least to try and stop the rhino hide.

fatkid2000

• junky
Norton has suggested shorts that even roadies think are expensive but are generally considered one of if not the best brand.

Prior to my septic knee episode I found this company - craft - I think they are as good as Assos but a bit cheaper - not much but a bit.
http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/manufacturers/craft-2/

bigd942

• addict
cycling kit sizing tends to be all over the place so might be an idea to mail and ask before you order/order two sizes at once etc, or try and find a cycling shop, I've tops/shorts that range from Medium all the through to an ONCE jersey at XXXLarge. Cycling shorts instead of full on bib shorts (see below) would be fine for what your doing, cheaper as well.

cycling tops are never worn after April, which is when this photo must have been taken..

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I am not wearing bib shorts; she's super hot and even she looks like a dick in them  :lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I am not wearing bib shorts; she's super hot and even she looks like a dick in them  :lol:

By the sound of it there's at least one person who'd love to see you in those  :P

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
I am not wearing bib shorts; she's super hot and even she looks like a dick in them  :lol:

It could be down to the fact that she appears to be wearing those very nice bib shorts backwards*.

bluebrad

*I have a horrible feeling that this might not be by accident and I have just made a fool of myself...

jordysi

• player
Hi Magpie,

I rode the coast to coast there and back in a weekend last year, I went from ex downhill punter to 276 miles in a weekend. We rode the sustrans route, it is cycle ways and road, a bit like what i think you are riding... the best advice apart from good shorts (for me it was enduro) and a seat you find comfortable.... get some slick commuter type tyres- makes peddling 100% easier and on the paths and roads you will not need knobblies to get grip.  Also pump them tyres up to about 50 or 60 psi again it will make peddling easier!

Also for gods sake when you wash your shorts make sure they are 100% DRY :please: :please: before you ride in them do not let them dry on... this is the best wat to get sore bits and sitting on a bike seat after this will smart to say the least!  :o :o

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
We rode the sustrans route, it is cycle ways and road, a bit like what i think you are riding...
It is a sustrans route, 7 I think, I have a map now and everything :organised:

Also for gods sake when you wash your shorts make sure they are 100% DRY
Dry shorts thoroughly, check.  And tires, I will look at and make sure are well pumped up.  Thank you, jordysi.  :thumbsup:

*I have a horrible feeling that this might not be by accident and I have just made a fool of myself...
I think that's what they are meant to look like, I say think cause really, I have no idea.  :shrug:

Slack---line, I am ignoring you.  :P

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I'm sorry Maggers, i really don't have any intention of doing any stalking whatsoever!

Back on topic...

Once you invest in some decent cycling shorts, the idea is that you don't wear underwear under them (like my missus does  :-\ ). Doing this defeats the whole point of buying seamless gear by introducing seams right where you don't want them.

webbo

• forum hero
it will also give you an embarrassing v.p.l.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I'm sorry Maggers, i really don't have any intention of doing any stalking whatsoever!
I know you don't; don't worry  ;)

Once you invest in some decent cycling shorts, the idea is that you don't wear underwear under them
You don't?!  ???  Probably just as well someone mentioned this.

it will also give you an embarrassing v.p.l.
No fear of that, I'll have something nice and baggy on over the top, I'm not waving my lycra clad arse at all and sundry, this isn't bouldering we're talking about.

webbo

• forum hero
i have a friend who drives the motorbike for the cameraman at the the london triathlon.he has an intresting tale about following o a lady competitor who was cycling in her swimming cossie as is/was the fashion.apparently there was not a lot of material around her nether regions.however i don't think they showed that bit on the bbc(or should that be those bits) :spank:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal