UKBouldering.com

Like burning wood? You'll want a wood burner then... (Read 6612 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
These are going on ebay next week but thought I'd give you lot first dibs.
Got two wood burning stoves one is the same as this one:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/franklin-junior-cast-iron-stove/path/cast-iron-stoves-2
And the other is the same as this one:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/barrel-cast-iron-stove/path/cast-iron-stoves-2

Both come with a flue adaptor, a 45 degree bend with an access panel and a 1 metre length of black flue pipe. Both have been well used so are not pristine black, but they would polish up no problem.
I'm not especially expecting anyone here to be interested in these but if you are let me know and I'll sort out some pictures etc.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
how much you looking for nik?

does either one meet "clean air" requirements (through burning efficiently (rather than through burning smokeless fuel)?

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
 :-[

sorry that was me on somebody's fool's login

nik at work

• forum hero
I'd guess that they don't meet clean air jobbins, they're pretty basic woodburners TBH.

A bit of e-bay research suggests that the larger (Franklin) one would go for somewhere above £180 and the Barrel for something around £80 so I'd be looking for offers in that sort of ballpark. Bit academic for you really as they they fall down on the clean air requirement....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I have a friend who may be interested for his rundown cottage in Wales - I'll ask the lad.

tomtom

• forum hero

I have a friend who may be interested for his rundown cottage in Wales - I'll ask the lad.
I had a machinemart barrel for 2.5 years and they're basic (little air control) and have a small window. BUt worked fine. are large inside, so can put big logs in and theres not much to go wrong! I changed it for a Hunter something (£400) that had a large glass panel and more air control (airwash etc...) which was better, but the Barrels great for a basic application. I left mine in the shed when I sold the house....  :( ho hum...

hairich

• obsessive maniac
hi nick. do you still have the barrell stove. if so how much do you want for it

nik at work

• forum hero
Yup, still got the barrel stove. Um, yours for £50? I'll check it over properly and make sure it's not cracked or anything (I don't think it is but I've not looked at it for a year or so), it could do with a re-paint/polishing.
Cheers
Nik

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
dammit! missed this. If for some reason Rich doesnt want it, I will have it!

nik at work

• forum hero
No problem Dobbs, come on Rich the balls in your court...

(Just to be clear Dobbin this is the barrel stove we're talking about, I've already sold the big ass Franklin one)

nik at work

• forum hero
Right I've checked out the stove. No cracks but it could do with a good rub down with a wire brush and then repainting. All the bits and bobs are present and correct and, because I'm such a nice guy, I'll even throw in a (pretty crappy if I'm being honest) little fireside set (tongs, brush, shovel but the pokers gone walkabout) in the deal.
£50

Hairich? Dobbin?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
well, I am keen, but my great mate Rich has first dibs. If he no wanto I would love to have it.

Does anyone know of a HETA certified installer type? (in sheff?)

nik at work

• forum hero
Yeah, Rich has first dibs. Otherwise it's all yours Dobbeast.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

Does anyone know of a HETA certified installer type? (in sheff?)

You want to look here http://www.hetas.co.uk/nearest_member/search?postcode=s11&dry=dry&search_button=Submit

We used Border Sweep.  He was OK but some of his work, particularly plastering, left something to be desired but if you're just after the stove installing without too many questions he may be your man.  ;)

hairich

• obsessive maniac
yup. ill take that off your hands nik. sorry dobbin. how do i get it pay you etc

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
You know the old saying Dob:

"Spend too much time offering lifts to Rubicon to teenagers in exchange for sexual favours; lose your wood burning stove."

Or something.

nik at work

• forum hero
Exactly, at the end of the day a nosh off whilst driving to Rubicon is probably over in about 30 seconds Dobster, whereas a stove will keep you warm all winter. A lesson learned I think we'd all agree.

Hairich I'm based in Todmorden (just below Bridestones) so you can either collect it whenever you want or (if you're based in Sheffield which I'm assuming you are) I can bring it down next time I head to the Peak which will probably be in the not too distant future. I'll PM you my address and mobile and we can take it from there.

Dobbin on consideration I feel bad that your focus on the sexual exploitation of impressionable teenage boys has led to you missing out on this stove so I'll see if I can't dig you out a second prize....

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
No problem, i have indeed learnt from this, and I shall no longer use this forum for grooming. And to think I could have been warm all winter. All sacrified for a few moments of joy.

hairich

• obsessive maniac
nice. yes i am in sheffield. give me a shout when your over the peak and ill meet you

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal