UKBouldering.com

Climbing shoe addiction? (Read 37720 times)

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#75 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 16, 2009, 02:20:05 pm
Think I must have about 15 usable pairs and 10 with small holes in the toes which can still be used. Just can't bare to throw them away. Try to give some away but for some reason no one wants a rancid pair of tattered climbing shoes. Never know when they may come in useful. To be honest it's not a good thing to have loads in the house as the stench spreads everywhere, not attractive to the opposite sex needless to say.

andy_e

• forum hero
#76 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 17, 2009, 10:43:23 am
You don't count; you get yours for free. Now stop posting on here and go and enjoy font you lucky sod.  :spank:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#77 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 17, 2009, 02:01:43 pm
dig out my special box from the attic wherein I found pairs of top quality rock boots including Boreal Fires
Not to double post,
but could you post a picture of the BOREAL Fire? I've heard them mentioned a lot but never actually seen them.
If you can, thanks.

see them in action

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#78 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 17, 2009, 09:45:57 pm
They look alot like 'Ballets' to me .
Now THIS is a Fire:
http://www.paracaidismopirineos.com/images/Riglos%2004.JPGftp://

andy_e

• forum hero
#79 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 18, 2009, 02:13:17 pm
Um, no, that's Riglos...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#80 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 18, 2009, 07:20:09 pm
Um, no, that's Riglos...
Correct. The Mallo de Fire is the biggest (roughly central) tower. Which is where Boreal got the name from, no?

andy_e

• forum hero
#81 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 19, 2009, 03:13:02 pm
Alright smartypants  :P

chillax

• forum abuser
#82 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 24, 2009, 10:21:23 pm
Just ordered a pair of Anasazi V2's. My greens are nearly knackered so I may have to get another pair while waiting for the whites to arrive. Also severely tempted to get a pair of velcros from a place in dublin that still has stock with the old heel.

Addiction? I think so.  :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#83 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 24, 2009, 11:46:59 pm
They look alot like 'Ballets' to me .

I thought these were ballets?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#84 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
April 25, 2009, 10:57:21 am
They were, but a subsequent model if memory serves me correctly. As I only owned the Fire original, I may be mistaken, but don't think so. The ballet changed the Fire design by having a narrower toe with more lacing at that point and a heel cup which forced the toes forward, the first shoe to do so as far as I am aware - cf your video. Seem to remember Dave Humberstone turning up at Malham one day and us Scousers being quite impressed by the new-fangled Fire. As this recollection is 23 years old now, it's probably as sketchy as my footwork.

craic-head

• regular
#85 Re: Climbing shoe addiction?
July 18, 2009, 07:20:07 pm
Got 4 pairs at the mo-
-Evolve Defy. My first pair of Evolve and I'm pretty happy with them. May buy some more at some point.
-Boreal Spiders. Pretty crap, quite clumpy and not good for precision (I wish) but they do for general mileage purposes.
-Boreal Ninja slippers. Old school but I remember seeing pics of Moffat and so on wearing these so they'll do a punter like me.... I got them for 20 nicker off ebay brand new.
-Boreal Lazers (original pink ones)! Haven't used these at all yet. They still have the size sticker and the Boreal logo printed on the sole. Brand spanking, again 20 quid off ebay. Not sure if I will ever use them. Anybody ever framed a pair of stickies?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal