UKBouldering.com

Top Three most memorable problems you have done and why (Read 23519 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
2. Burning Lark Sunset - Hepstow Brow

Bagged this today, magic! Not sure about all time top3 but I'd do it again tomorrow.
Nice! I've fully got Brow psyche at the moment. Will try and dig a pic of BLS out if I can find one.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Dear god where to begin. Firstly despite being a trad punter I've done enough bouldering that I'm struggling to choose. Secondly "memorable" hmmm I can't really remember stuff. So a random selection:

El Poussif, Font - amazing problem, beautiful in many ways, also saw it on my very first day with Jim and Dense, and finally tried it and did it a couple of years later.

A Little Sparkle, Guisecliffe - amazing problem, a lovely mid-winter day questing on my lonesome in darkest Yorkshire, so cold my shoelaces were freezing.

Think Tank, Castle Hill - great problem, perfect pushy squirmy Castle Hill style, and wonderful to be climbing in such an amazing area.

woody

1. ulysses
2. simbas pride
3. angels share
 :devangel:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Thought this would be good 1k-th post:

Gorilla Warfare, Curbar:

Not so much a lovely problem, just a great feeling when I did it. It was a long term project as I have no stamina / power, took ages to get. Also it nearly cost me my ankles after I broke a hold off the top practicing the topout.

Did it on a day when I had a mate up from the smoke, took him 'show him the Curbar' circuit, spent ages going on about the battle I was having with GW, then promptly did it first go...  :shrug:

La Marie Rose, Cuvier:

Crap crag, lovely problem. Did it during a hot August day, then went back the following year in Feb and found it 10 times easier.

Crescent Arete, Stanage

Cos it's just the best arete going. I've also done it one handed - do I get a prize?

220bpm

• player
  • In my lungs, and sometimes up my nose...
    • My pictures
1. Arete de Zmutt, Chamarande (http://bleau.info/chamarande/6958.html) - Easy climbing up to a good hold, then a committing highish slap for the lip of the overhang. Match, cut loose, heelhook the top and mantle out. Brilliant problem at one of Fonts less frequented venues.

2. Sneak by Night, Glen Lednock - Beautiful rounded arete, pretty tricky to figure out the moves. Perfect winter morning all on my tod at a new venue. Worked it for much longer than I would normally spend on a problem and was rewarded by unlocking the sequence and a power scream topout  ;D

3. Extended Crucifix Traverse (Low), Kyloe In - Butch start jamming under an overhang to reach a strange wall with razor crimps and tiny flutings. Technical moves all the way along to a sneaky insecure rest using an egpytian. Crux moves at the end (staying low) spat me off a few times until I found the rest, then success. A full afternoons work.

I don't really session things at all, got the concentration span of a 2 yr old with ADHD. Personally, it says a lot that all these problems made me take the time to work them without ever feeling that was exactly what I was doing  ::)

I've also no idea how Science Friction and Le Hareng Saur fail to make my top 3, they were 1 & 2 for a good while  :-\ and genuine laugh out lolrofpms material.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal