UKBouldering.com

V12 Outdoor – New climbing shop to open in Llanberis (Read 5032 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Forgive the blatant commercial plug, but I would just like to explain what is happening with the Llanberis branch of Outside.

The shop closed this week and it has been taken over by a consortium of old Outside employees – namely myself, Rob Wilson, Katie Haston, Pete Griffiths and Gareth Aston.

The shop will re-open next weekend (11th Oct) trading under the name V12 Outdoor. We hope to continue providing the same high standard of service that Outside established over the preceding 13 years. I managed the old shop for 5 years and I always tried to make it the best place for visiting and local climbers to get what they needed – whether that was a pair of crampons, a freebie bouldering topo, the latest winter conditions report or just some advice about routes to go and try. All these things will still be available, and the same friendly faces (Al Leary, Gary Robinson) will still greet you from behind the upstairs Rock counter.

We've got lots of exciting plans, particularly with regard to running slide shows, lectures and events. The climbing scene in North Wales at the moment is the best it has been for years, and we hope to maintain that buzz.

If anybody has any suggestions then please let us know, or just pop in and have a word with Rob who will be managing the new shop.

Cheers, Simon.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Congratulations Si, and hope the new shop goes well  :D

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Do you have to be able to climb V12 to come in?

dave

I would have thought "V8+ Outdoor" would have been a more appropriate name. :wink:

Pantontino

• forum hero
I fought hard for V8+, but I was out voted. Anyway, I think V8+ is some sort of sport/fruit juice thing - although I could be wrong.

If we enforced the V12 entry rule, then none of the staff could go to work. In fact there'd be a pretty limited customer base.

Pantontino

• forum hero
Gruff, have a word with Rob - he's the main man now.

AndyR

• forum hero
Yep, good luck with the shop - will we be able to buy a copy of the new N.Wales bouldering guide from there :wink: ?

Just out of interest, why did Outside quit trading there?

account_inactive

• forum hero
Congrats, hope it all goes well :D

Pantontino

• forum hero
to Andy R: Quite simple really: Outside wanted to concentrate its resources on the Peak District shops. We were offered the opportunity to buy them out - so we took it.

You will be able to buy the guide in the shop when I get it back from the printers (no it hasn't gone yet). Soon, soon, soon....

AndyR

• forum hero
Quote from: "Pantontino"
to Andy R: Quite simple really: Outside wanted to concentrate its resources on the Peak District shops. We were offered the opportunity to buy them out - so we took it.

Cool - good luck again!

Do you want to open one here in Dublin - god knows it could do with a decent climbing shop.....

Pantontino

• forum hero
Andy, one step at a time, just one step at a time. Dublin sounds like a great idea - I once spent a week building a temporary climbing wall and running an international climbing comp there, back when Jerry was sponsored by DR Climbing Walls. We were treated like kings - even stayed in the rather posh Drury (?) Hotel and went to nightclubs full of Soap stars - all very strange!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal