UKBouldering.com

month in swizz via font - how much? (Read 3956 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 05:01:08 pm
How much would one reckon one would spend on a trip to switzerland for a month (probably via a week in font)? 600 kubriks? More? Less? Anyone got any chips for an uber cheap trip?  :boohoo:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 06:54:04 pm
The land of milk and soft grades is not cheap.... Even before the Euro took a spanking. The swis franc is also pretty expensive. Depends if you can get a load of you in a nice gite. And stock up on food in Italy before you get to swis. Then cook every night.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#2 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 07:09:12 pm
Indeed it is not cheap.  For Magic there is a free camp site but you will need a car if you want to eat.  Eating out is expensive, so is beer and supermarkets.  Chocolate and watches are reasonable priced

If you want a cheap trip go to Spain and grow a mono dread

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#3 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 07:14:09 pm
If you want a cheap trip go to Spain and grow a mono dread

And don't wash for 2 months, and shit on the main path at the crag.... Are we stereo-typing here!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#4 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 08:27:26 pm
and come to the uk for some early morning spotting duties

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#5 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 26, 2009, 09:51:44 pm
Camping and cooking on gas stoves is the way forward for cheap living in Magic Andi, stock up on pastas and sauce to bring along then buy the value chocolate in Thusis supermarket (along with a bit of veg to lash in the pasta and maybe even meat for treats)! A tub of powermax or myprotein product..etc will sort out protein issues after crush and save having to buy in and preserve meat in the heat!

Farmer croc is good cereal in mornings and I experimented with a couple of smackier varieties last time out that were pretty bearable. The bread was shit though!

Keep me posted on the plans and I will continue to keep some doy to one side  :thumbsup:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#6 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 27, 2009, 10:39:10 am
and come to the uk for some early morning spotting duties

Mwah hah haaaah!!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 27, 2009, 10:45:30 am

Farmer croc is good cereal in mornings and I experimented with a couple of smackier varieties last time out that were pretty bearable. The bread was shit though!

:o heroin for breakfast, thats an interesting diet regime, did it help with the crushing?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#8 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 27, 2009, 06:29:42 pm
I think the faint white coating on the cereal was likely an overexcited factory worker experimenting with various cleaning products  :-\

philo

• forum hero
#9 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 27, 2009, 08:23:35 pm
we did exactly this last summer( 4 of us lads), cost less than 500 quid, closer to 350/400. ill post more details later pal.  the most expensive thing was petrol, which was well over a pound a litre in england, and about the same in eu

nicci

#10 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 27, 2009, 08:41:36 pm
Cheers phil. Petrol will be the same price as you were paying last year i reckon, sounds like £600 is a good bet! I'll have to persuade some more hommes to cruise with us...

philo

• forum hero
#11 Re: month in swizz via font - how much?
February 28, 2009, 01:34:39 am
yeah we camped in font, which is the same price or like a few euro similar to a f1 :/ camped in magic which is next to nothing, then when we went back to font we f1'd due to 5 days of solid rain in magic and depression at an all time high, we would rather climb in 35 degrees in font than rain in swiz :[

but main cost for us was the auto mobile, ferry, Swiss road tax. and pasta.
also if your going to do it, buy allot of food in font before you go across, shit like pasta and rice and a metre of popcorn. the essentials

andy_e

• forum hero
ah crap i forgot to log out and log in as me again.

popcorn? nah, that's not one of the options. might buy a mile's worth of baguette and pain au chocolat etc. though...

chriss

• obsessive maniac
Whats the deal with car 'tax' over in the Swiss? Do you get it from the petrol station & how much is it etc... I have heard stories of UK drivers getting shafted. I managed to get away with it last year, bit will be out there longer this year.. Ta.

philo

• forum hero
pay at the border. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal