UKBouldering.com

Repairing fingers (Read 3666 times)

Jonboy

• regular
Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 12:05:53 am
Has any1 got any good ways on speeding up the healing process of cut fingers?  I hear eating oily fish is good :?
Any advice would be welcome.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 11:30:57 am
That climb on stuff is good, as is E45.

Jonboy

• regular
#2 Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 01:03:22 pm
What the f**k does that mean?

dave

#3 Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 05:52:20 pm
yo jon, the Gs above speaka da truth. you wanna get yourself some climb on (i recomend the green-labelled tin), and a tub of Palmers Cocoa Butter shit.

in sheffield you can get climb-on from outside, the matrix wall, the edge. dunno where you can get it from further affield - if you local shop don't have it then order it from the website. Its money well spent, a small tin should last you at least a year.

Jonboy

• regular
#4 Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 07:55:31 pm
Sorry dobbin, my last post was a bit abrupt due to my lack of knowledge on those creams (E45,'climb on').I had no idea they were creams :oops:

Cheers I'll keep a look out for them.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#5 Repairing fingers
October 11, 2003, 09:07:16 pm
What kind of cuts are they?  Are you talking big chunks from climbing on rough rock, or actual cuts like what you'd get from a knife?  If it's the latter, I'd suggest super glue.  It was originally designed to stick wounds together, it won't stop it from hurting, and won't speed up the recovery rate, but will stop it from reopening, and dirt and stuff getting in it.  To speed up the healing process, check out 'Active Recovery', any decent training web-site should have plenty of info for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal