UKBouldering.com

Weekend plans (Read 7631 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Weekend plans
October 10, 2003, 08:05:38 pm
So, what you all up to?

I'm going to haul my creaking fingers out of retirement with a bit of Roaches action tomorrow, followed by (time and weather allowing) a visit to Caseg Fraith in Ogwen on Sunday. Can't wait  :D

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1 Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 09:16:54 am
Unfortunately my arse is chained to the front room for decorating although I might make a very rare weekend apperance somewhere if I can escape the misses for a few hours - maybe see If I can get a quick session in at widdop (unless its raining or in a cloud)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#2 Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 09:51:26 am
Have managed to escape the evil woman's clutches  :twisted:  by getting her at her most vunerable, ie when she's asleep
- "can I go climbing dearest"
- "fuck off I'm sleeping"
- "right you are"
hehehe
Widdop here I come

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#3 Re: Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 04:34:07 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
So, what you all up to?

I'm going to haul my creaking fingers out of retirement with a bit of Roaches action tomorrow, followed by (time and weather allowing) a visit to Caseg Fraith in Ogwen on Sunday. Can't wait  :D

What did you get done at the Roaches? Did you visit Newstones?

dave

#4 Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 05:58:25 pm
just got back from t'stride/stanton island with scousey-d and nodder. it was bloody warm really, or at least compared to the last few weekends! loads of midges and flies etc. still all was not lost, did the very excellent Grizzly Arete, plus the usual stuff like jerry's arete etc. then went to cork stone, did p-notes Mammoth book of UFOs, which is nice, shame about the state of the rock lower down. started to spit, we were fucked, went home. bo.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#5 Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 08:36:47 pm
what did you start to spit Dave?

gangsta lyrics from your mouth, or slugs from your gat?

Been recovering from hangover today, off cr@cliffe tomoz. First day on real rock for 7 months, hope it stays dry and I don't wake up with me mate's cold!

dave

#6 Weekend plans
October 11, 2003, 11:48:47 pm
Quote from: "tommytwotone"
what did you start to spit Dave?

gangsta lyrics from your mouth, or slugs from your gat?

If you're hit by falling sylables you know I'm dropping my rhymes.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 Re: Weekend plans
October 12, 2003, 07:54:31 pm
Quote from: "dontfollowme"
What did you get done at the Roaches? Did you visit Newstones?

Just back....not a lot a Roaches - had a nice time doing easy classics and a few things I'd not done before. Only had 3 hours before I drove to Wales so didn't make the Newstones.

Quote from: "the owen"
Bubba, Have you done Animal Magnetism at Caseg Ffraith upper

Didn't get there in the end which is a shame coz I was really looking forward to it. Problem was I was staying in Corwen and by the time we'd got up after a late night, had brekky, etc it was getting too late to make the drive to Ogwen. Keen to go soon though - Pantontino gave me what I presume is an extract from the forthcoming guide and the place sounds great.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#8 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 01:42:04 am
is Caseg Ffraith the place by the farm in the shadow of tryfan up by the cottage?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#9 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 09:34:20 am
Cool weekend in climbing terms. Actually managed a good day at Stoney for once! Pics are here, then on Sunday went with the old man of burbage to the south of the valley to get arse kicked by some easy gritstone problems.

Excellent.

dave

#10 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 10:00:40 am
stoney? christ man, whats going on. summer is over, you've just got to be the big man, face up to it and move on. theres no sense in kidding yourself.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#11 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 10:04:47 am
But the brown stones hurt my delicate sport climbing skin! I don't want to go back yet!

dave

#12 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 10:15:40 am
There there - you've taken the first step towards beating it - admitting you have a problem. :wink:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#13 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 10:36:52 am
Hi, my names Dobbin and I love limestone :oops:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#14 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 10:44:33 am
Dave, how the fuk did you do grizzley arete, frigging baffeled me. Couldnt figure how to get to second good bit of arete? And please dont tell me you could reach that slopey thing out left wit your feet on low hold cos ill cry  (and i nearly did when pulled a loverly hole int finger!)

dave

#15 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 11:01:49 am
and it goes a little something like this:

Huuuuh (sorry went a bit Run DMC there....)

started with right hand on the vertical sidepull, feet on low ramp, left hand on the very crimpy sidepull near the arete. then put right hand onto the pinch on the arete below the good sharp arete bit. then i put left foot up a bit then put right heel on the RH sidepull and then moved RH up to the good bit of arete as an intermediate (scouse and nodder got this hold with feet low but i didn't like it) and then again up to the big high slopey arete pinch. At this point scouse and nodder were putting left foot up on that little positive foothold below the first arete holds, and rocking round left for the brushed nubbles, but in a moment of ignorance i tried spanning straight to them without moving my feet, hit a few inches short of them on the green rock but went again and got them. Great i thought, except then realised i had left my feet behind and all the footholds were blind, jumped left foot up and with soem pointing from the guys got it on the hold and reached to the good holds in the flutings.

In hindsight if i tried it again i would get foot up early and rock round for the nubbins like the guys did cos then you don't leave your feet on blind holds. great problem. 7a+?

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#16 Weekend plans
October 13, 2003, 01:20:05 pm
Quote from: "Jim"
Have managed to escape the evil woman's clutches  :twisted:  by getting her at her most vunerable, ie when she's asleep
- "can I go climbing dearest"
- "fuck off I'm sleeping"
- "right you are"
hehehe
Widdop here I come

Followed your sensitive approach and hey RESULT!!! spent a few hours at Hellifield!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#17 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 09:07:37 am
Was going to go out today but didn't block a kick properly in JuJitsu yesterday and my left index finger is now nicely swollen  :cry:

Just as well it wasn't a full power kick.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#18 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 09:14:19 am
Went out yesterday and had a good day at the Newstones. I got this done:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=1890

Which I was really pleased with. Then I got some lunch at the tea room and went to have a look at the lower tier boulders at the Roaches. I saw the project between the big dyno and the mantelshelf problem and it looks very impressive.[/img]

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#19 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 12:01:14 pm
maybe going down to eagle tor or cratcliff myself shortly - hung over today :(   silly drinking, da missus sez i necked 4 bottles of newcastle brown :P  in the club last night after I'd been drinking all day! I have no memory of going to bed but apparantly she had to undress me.
Went to see
Friends And Family at Roadhouse
Weekly freestyle hip hop session featuring resident DJs from local labels Fat City and Grand Central. Tonight the team are joined by Big Dada artist Ty (live) who plays in support of his new LP 'Upwards'.

which was well good - proper rocking especially when they dropped that roots manuva witness tune - the place was bouncing

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#20 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 04:52:44 pm
Went to Caley today, had major problems with my back recently so took it very easy.

Jim - Friends and Family is seriously dope, I think last time I was there Una Bombers were playing but I've seen quite a few decent hip hop acts there.

If you like the Witness the Fitness track, check out MC Pitman's Witness the Pitness, quality lyrics.

Jonboy

• regular
#21 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 06:36:15 pm
Just been down Rotherslade on the Gower.   :) Weather was great, top off the first half of the afternoon, got some good bouldering done :) .
The only thing was, there was a faimly siting just under where I wanted to go so I carried on with some other problems further around with the hope after a while when I have finished, that i could have a crack at what I was eyeing up, but when I got there their was a couple sitting there this time :x .
Was tempted to do a couple of elbow drops from above them :?  Good afternoon anyway.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#22 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 06:58:33 pm
Quote from: "Mike_H"
Jim - Friends and Family is seriously dope, I think last time I was there Una Bombers were playing but I've seen quite a few decent hip hop acts there.

Did you ever go to electric chair at the music box?

dave

#23 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 09:49:14 pm
Quote from: "dontfollowme"
Went out yesterday and had a good day at the Newstones. I got this done:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=1890

that problem is the dopest! i recon its one of the best problems going!

been pimping my shit on rivelin today, as per it was swarming with cockneys brandishing rockfax comicbooks. did a couple of routes, my main man J-lo did autoDF. then it rained word.

mozzer

• addict
#24 Weekend plans
October 19, 2003, 10:20:03 pm
Ive been mainly keeping it real on dartmoor this weekend. In fact being spanked on all i try, but never mind!

Played on bonehill rocks a bit but i had shagged arms so i was weak as, but there are some quality problems there.

Highlight though (sorry homeys) had to be seconding Wykesy up Interrogation  on Low Man - welcome to exposure city...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal