technical > wiki

The Wiki

<< < (3/4) > >>

magpie:
I get a big error message when I try and log in; I suspect this may be beacuse you're not daft enough to allow me access to the changey bits [/technical term] of the Wiki and have written a special code banning me from changing anything, very wise.   ;)

Do you want to know what the error message said?

Bubba:
It's because we don't want the wiki full of images of kittens....

but yes, please post the error :)

magpie:

--- Quote ---There was either an authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(342): User->setPassword('mypassword')
#1 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(486): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User), true)
#2 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(392): LoginForm->attemptAutoCreate(Object(User))
#3 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(493): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#4 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(102): LoginForm->processLogin()
#5 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#6 [internal function]: wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#7 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(748): call_user_func('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#8 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(534): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#9 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(224): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#10 /var/www/boulder/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(55): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#11 /var/www/boulder/wiki/index.php(93): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), NULL, Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#12 {main}
--- End quote ---

I have changed my password, which obviously isn't 'mypassword'  :lol:  but the rest is exactly what came up.  I also have a screen shot if that helps? (highly technical, me  :whistle: )

Edit: I was going to put kittens and topless boulderers and 'funny' things on the FAQ page actually, I'm no one trick pony!  :spank:

Bubba:
When did you change your password?

You have to use the same login details for the forum and the wiki. The wiki uses the forum user database...

magpie:
I didin't.  I only changed it in the quote, not for logging in.  I just didn't want to post it up here, so you could all hack into my account and read my secret PMs  ;)

My password is exactly the same as it's always been, I just edited the script stuff so it said 'mypassword' instead of 'myactualpassword', see?

I seem to have a brilliant way of confusing everyone around me when it comes to anything remotely technical, especially if I'm trying to 'help', I think it's quite a gift.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version