UKBouldering.com

Good 7b's at Font? (Read 4332 times)

AndyR

• forum hero
Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 09:51:13 am
I know Font stuff has been done plenty of times before, but I'm off there tomorrow evening for five days  :hyper: and was looking for a 7b to throw myself at 'cos I'm a shallow, puerile ticker  :wink:

Any suggestions (as long as they're not slabs)??

Oh, nearly forgot to say, they should be, how shall we say 'approachable' for the grade....

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#1 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 09:55:40 am
Have a fun.

dave

#2 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 09:58:49 am
if you want an excellent 7b the litterally throw yourself at i suggest this one, its really quite excellent (behind sale gosse):

http://bleau.info/sabots/771.html

or this one (and its neighbours) near isatis is another good throw:

http://bleau.info/sablons/1458.html

as you can guess the only 7bs ive done in font are dynos. if i were you i would have a look at carnage anall cos its wuite easy for 7b+ adn very straighforward, i.e. atypical font. You might try onde de choc anall (ain't done it but enjoyed trying).

AndyR

• forum hero
#3 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 09:58:49 am
Quote from: "Glen Dale"
Have a fun.

I will - I have slight wood I'm so excited :o

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 10:00:15 am
Quote from: "AndyR"
I will - I have slight wood I'm so excited :o

No need !!! You're a sick man  :shock:

AndyR

• forum hero
#5 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 10:07:20 am
Quote from: "dave"
if you want an excellent 7b the litterally throw yourself at i suggest this one, its really quite excellent (behind sale gosse):

http://bleau.info/sabots/771.html

I like the description of that one 'from low ramp directly to the top with big lunch'

Now that's my kind of problem - hmmm, big lunch (and small beers)........

Omega

• player
    • Powerband
#6 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 10:22:57 am
http://bleau.info/cuisiniere/503.html

this is great, and pretty easy for 7b (just remember to put your right foot in the pocket for the top move!)

Scouse D

• forum hero
#7 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 10:27:46 am
Biceps Mou at Cuvier is a good problem to work, nice and burly and not too technical.

jonP

• obsessive maniac
#8 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 04:00:05 pm
... and was looking for a 7b to throw myself at 'cos I'm a shallow, puerile ticker

So you've mastered the 7a+ grade and are looking for something more challenging?

AndyR

• forum hero
#9 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 05:16:13 pm
Quote from: "yorkshiregrit"
... and was looking for a 7b to throw myself at 'cos I'm a shallow, puerile ticker

So you've mastered the 7a+ grade and are looking for something more challenging?

Well I might have half a chance and there's no harm in trying - get back to your scruffy little boulders in yorkshire  :wink:

BTW, did you see that one of your Crag X's was in the last edition of OTE?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#10 Good 7b's at Font?
October 08, 2003, 07:44:54 pm
another quality font problem, that is an absolute path for the grade but brilliant nevertheless. again behind sale gosse, start sitting on a rightward trending flake, couple of moves and mantle out. slightly overhanging. shite description from me but will become obvious. another good one that i think(?) is 7b. lone boulder just off track at isatis has classic overhanging 6c, its in guide, sit start is 7b, if memory serves. fuck, must go to font to refresh my memory. o yeh, wherever chassure de prise is, think it's 95.2. there's a large arete up and right of it, whoever graded this 7b wants shooting. tho it is slightly intimidating if u start thinking about it.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#11 Good 7b's at Font?
October 09, 2003, 09:06:32 am
The first problem you mention is Gravitron, but nowhere have i seen it given 7b, its 7a as far as i can remember.

AndyR

• forum hero
#12 Good 7b's at Font?
October 09, 2003, 09:16:45 am
Quote from: "Scouse D"
The first problem you mention is Gravitron, but nowhere have i seen it given 7b, its 7a as far as i can remember.

Yeah, just had a look in the guide (which I happen to have with me) and that's the only problem I can get to match - that's also on my list to have a go at :hyper:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#13 Good 7b's at Font?
October 09, 2003, 10:20:28 am
Quote from: "a dense loner"
think it's 95.2. there's a large arete up and right of it, whoever graded this 7b wants shooting. tho it is slightly intimidating if u start thinking about it.

Is this the slightley overhanging arete on it own  with no holds on it. Awesome looking but bloody hard to even start (needless to say I got no heigher than actually pulling on and going for the next move - too much Kronenbourg)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#14 Good 7b's at Font?
October 10, 2003, 06:55:24 pm
gravitron sounds familiar, got told it was 7b, seem to remember reading it somewhere as well. could be wrong i'm not the best reader of guidebooks. if u gave me the plantation guide n i was at curbar i would probably make the boulders fit the descriptions. other arete is vertical to start then bit slabby, with huge holds. seems overhanging but isn't when u get on. unless of course u ave too much kronenburg the night b4. bit of a pelfour man when i go to font, don't know why?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal