UKBouldering.com

Windscreen Emissions sticker required for Paris & other cities (Read 3093 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
As per the title. A new reg to me and knowing a few folk here may venture that way from time time...

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks TT. Currently applies to central Paris only, bounded by the Perepherique. It seems the Perepherique itself counts as outside the environmental zone but this is not completely clear to me. It doesn't affect U.K. climbers' usual route to Fontainebleau (A1-A104-N104).

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Quote from: duncan
It doesn't affect U.K. climbers' usual route to Fontainebleau (A1-A104-N104)

Satnav tends to take you via SE section of the Perepherique in my experience.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Thanks TT. Currently applies to central Paris only, bounded by the Perepherique. It seems the Perepherique itself counts as outside the environmental zone but this is not completely clear to me. It doesn't affect U.K. climbers' usual route to Fontainebleau (A1-A104-N104).

Quote from: LaDepeche.fr
Dorénavant, dans Paris intramuros (donc hors périphérique et bois de Vincennes et de Boulogne), motos, voitures ou utilitaires, qu'ils soient immatriculés à Paris, en France ou à l'étranger, devront arborer la vignette ronde qui les identifie selon leurs émissions polluantes (oxydes d'azote, particules).

Approx: From now on, in inner-city Paris (ie Paris except the periphery, the Vincennes forest, and the Boulogne forest), motorcycles, cars or utility vehicles, whether registered in Paris, France or abroad, will have to display the round sticker which identifies them according to their Pollutant emissions (nitrogen oxides, fine particles).

On the telly they said that it suffices if you print the receipt that you've ordered the sticker to avoid paying fines. The sticker cost around 5€, so if you just use the car to get into Paris one day it may be cheaper to take the commuting train from Fontainebleau than to take the car.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Good news for the 'Black Prince' then.
Comes with a health warning: 'C'est tres dangereux la moto..pas a cause de nous, c'est surtout a cause des autres..'
Shame about dubbing but the quality is good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal