UKBouldering.com

Fontainebleau from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (Read 15818 times)

T_B

• forum hero
I'm flying to Paris Charles de Gaulle next week and have been trying to find a train timetable from getting to Font from the airport. Presumably I'll have to get a train into central Paris, then out again. Anyone done this? Thanks.

Duma

• forum hero
No, but some one has kindly split this section of the board into "UK and Eire" and "abroad". Now which section would best suit this thread?  :-\ :P

On a more helpful note, I haven't done the exact trip you're doing but there'll undoubtedly be millions of trains from cdg to paris, prob Gare de Nord, then the metro is fairly self explanatory - you need to go to Gare de Lyon for font trains. Font is on one of the main commuter routes, last time I did it there where several trains an hour

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com
really easy, done the journey both ways a few times.

have a look here: http://www.transilien.com/web/site

you need to type in aeroport rather than charles de gaulle which is somewhere else.

I used to go to Gare du Nord change trains to hop over to Gare deLyon then train out but I see the website tells it slightly differently, changing at Chatelet Les Halles which is betwen the Nord and Lyon stations.

dave

some of the trains leaving paris for font split after a few stops and half of the carriages go fontwards, half go somewhere else (north). if this is the case make sure you're in the right carriage unless you fancy taking in some of Lille's quality sandstone.

T_B

• forum hero
really easy, done the journey both ways a few times.

have a look here: http://www.transilien.com/web/site

you need to type in aeroport rather than charles de gaulle which is somewhere else.

I used to go to Gare du Nord change trains to hop over to Gare deLyon then train out but I see the website tells it slightly differently, changing at Chatelet Les Halles which is betwen the Nord and Lyon stations.

Great - thanks for that.

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com
No problemo.

If you need any further help you can message me.

Have a good trip.

Keen to get up to Font myself, only 5hr drive, but the weather for this weekend is poop and I go back offshore on Monday.

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
T_B

are you actually staying in font (the town) - if you are getting picked up it can sometimes be easier going to gironville or buno bonnevaux (nearer Milly)

T_B

• forum hero
T_B

are you actually staying in font (the town) - if you are getting picked up it can sometimes be easier going to gironville or buno bonnevaux (nearer Milly)

Cool, more beta - thanks. Yes getting picked up.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Did this 2 weeks ago again.
Very easy, get a ticket for font from the airport train station.
Get the train to gare du nord, then get the train to gare de Lyon (or you can stay on and go straight to melun) then get the main line to font

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
check out

http://www.transport-idf.com/frontal

depart= aeroport roissy (CDG) - put in the terminal number

arrives = buno bonnevaux, or gironville or fontainebleau

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal