UKBouldering.com

Beastmaker (Read 231835 times)

rodma

• forum hero
#225 Re: Beastmaker
July 14, 2009, 12:09:02 pm
Got mine at cliffhanger, thanks Ned and Dan :great:

Really looking forward to getting on it  :)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#226 Re: Beastmaker
July 14, 2009, 01:58:20 pm
Will you ever see daylight again?

rodma

• forum hero
#227 Re: Beastmaker
July 14, 2009, 02:15:25 pm
Will you ever see daylight again?

Maybe at next year's cliffhanger  :-\

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#228 Re: Beastmaker
July 14, 2009, 03:24:33 pm
But I swear this muggy weather is making it easier

Bizzarely I find the 45's get easier the hotter they get, i.e. the more you hang and the hotter the wood feels, the easier it is to hang  :o At first I can barely pull up or hang them (when the wood is cold), after a few tries the wood warms up and becomes much grippier  ???

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#229 Re: Beastmaker
July 14, 2009, 05:27:35 pm
I did 3 pull ups on it on a muggy warm day last week. I am piss weak, but the weather is a good ego boost. Is anyone else suddenly crushing the 45's?

milksnake

• menacing presence
#230 Re: Beastmaker
July 15, 2009, 12:20:40 am
yeah, been trying for ages, and then realised my board wasnt hung vertically, they seem easy now i've sorted it.
 it was slowly pulling out the wall cause i made a shoddy job of hanging it. Was wondering why i seemed to be getting worse, thought i might have been overtraining!

RED_BULL

#231 Re: Beastmaker
July 17, 2009, 08:30:08 pm
I think my beastmaker might be on a slight overhang? Not really sure, it doesn't seem so, maybe im just weak  :lol:   I can't really hang the 45 at all on mine, but was at the works the other day and their beastmaker is piss compared to mine. 45's are well easy on that and the 2 finger sloper holds are piss... Is this beacause the works one is easy or is mine just hard? I managed to hang the 2 finger slopers on mine the other day for about 5 seconds which up until then i thought was a long way off PSYCHED!!! Probably won't help but i'm feeling more confident for the BLCC's because of that  :P

ROBZ

joeb

• addict
#232 Re: Beastmaker
July 23, 2009, 09:18:33 am
Just thought i would post something that helped me recently get through an annoying plateau in improvement on my beastmaker. Was really struggling to get away from using my pinkie as a support for one arm encores on some of the smaller holds but have made it through. By doing a normal set of encores with my pinkie on, I then add 10 kgs pull on to my deep lock position and perform a really slow negative rep. This really has allowed me to start eliminating that little finger. I find plateau's really frustrating so help this helps someone. By the way some quality rest times between efforts on this is really important, as well as rest between sessions themselves.

abarro81

• forum hero
#233 Re: Beastmaker
August 23, 2009, 11:03:28 pm
Right then beasts (already made, or currently under construction), what do people think about how gains on the slopers transfer to other grip positions and stuff where you haven't got half your hand on the hold? The way it feels like I'm half trying to crush my fingers into them makes me wonder if they'll be really useful for pinch strength, but I'm not sure if I might just be trying to convince myself of this 'cos I like hanging on them... Thoughts anyone?

adam_NE5

• regular
#234 Re: Beastmaker
August 24, 2009, 01:13:26 pm
Hi People,

I've got a Beastmaker board on order at the moment, can't wait to rip into some training on it!!!!
Regarding training what do people reckon on how best to go about it, is a training regime better or just playing on it randomly alot, in the past I have used other training methods but have found that its hard to stick to a schedule!

Any thoughts?

Adam

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#235 Re: Beastmaker
August 24, 2009, 02:01:03 pm
Yeah, just play about on it and hope for the best and don't bother reading the masses of useful information on their site is probably best.  8)

adam_NE5

• regular
#236 Re: Beastmaker
August 24, 2009, 04:49:25 pm
Yeah, just play about on it and hope for the best and don't bother reading the masses of useful information on their site is probably best.  8)
I actually read through all of their advice on training methods prior to ordering my board, I was wondering more what people thought with regards to how best to structure the training, you will notice if you have a hunt about on the Blog that Dan Varian comments on how missed deadlines with regards to  recovery only serve to antagonise. Maybe the same applies to training?

thanks for your input though!  8)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#237 Re: Beastmaker
August 24, 2009, 09:58:48 pm
you could have a structured random method? ie know how many days that week you're going to train on it, know roughly what you want to do and change if things aren't going as well as hoped on a particular grip

no abarro, you're out of your mind. how can holding a sloper improve your pinch grip? unless you've got a cheeky thumb on ;) btw all the people that hold the 45s at the works with your fingers over the top and then loudly declare how piss they are aren't really doing anything useful apart from working my core

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#238 Re: Beastmaker
August 24, 2009, 11:26:03 pm
 :lol:

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#239 Re: Beastmaker
August 25, 2009, 12:34:02 pm
btw all the people that hold the 45s at the works with your fingers over the top and then loudly declare how piss they are aren't really doing anything useful apart from working my core

That's the trouble these days, Lee. Tiny minded behaviour, despite displaying normal sized craniums.

Their time would be infinitely better served by hanging off the motherboard by a pair of monos for six and a half seconds and then loudly declaring how every female in the place is now wet. Before nipping off for beans on toast and a nap.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#240 Re: Beastmaker
August 25, 2009, 01:06:07 pm
I can't wait to see Lee's gains in the flesh and bitches in tow.

Jeff25

• regular
#241 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 12:10:00 pm

Find i cant hang the 45s on my beastmaker or even get anywhere close to hanging them.  :spank:
- i've checked its verticaly hung.

However, went to the WestWay wall and was able to hang theirs no problem. Do Beastmakers improve with age/differ widey, or is it more likely that the WWys board is not hung correctly.

Wasnt a conditions thing either.

dave

#242 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 12:13:20 pm
did you check westways was also plumb vertical?

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#243 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 01:46:45 pm

Find i cant hang the 45s on my beastmaker or even get anywhere close to hanging them. 
- i've checked its verticaly hung.

However, went to the WestWay wall and was able to hang theirs no problem. Do Beastmakers improve with age/differ widey, or is it more likely that the WWys board is not hung correctly.

Wasnt a conditions thing either.

http://www.beastmaker.co.uk/Lets_talk_about_grades.pdf

Everything is now clear.

cofe

• forum hero
#244 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 08:00:39 pm
<stupid question alert> thinking about getting a beastmaker but the only place I can put it is in the kitchen above the doorway. do peeps reckon it will be ok with steam and shit? don't want to be slipping off it 25 hours a day.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#245 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 09:19:40 pm
<stupid question alert> thinking about getting a beastmaker but the only place I can put it is in the kitchen above the doorway. do peeps reckon it will be ok with steam and shit? don't want to be slipping off it 25 hours a day.

The reverse if anything. I found spit is better than chalk for hanging wood.

Doylo

• forum hero
#246 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 09:24:27 pm

You got a 25 hour steam room in yer kitchen, strange. yeah should be fine

cofe

• forum hero
#247 Re: Beastmaker
September 30, 2009, 09:52:10 pm

You got a 25 hour steam room in yer kitchen, strange.

you'd love it word. proper stark bollock naked steam room homme scene.

Jeff25

• regular
#248 Re: Beastmaker
October 02, 2009, 09:33:58 am
did you check westways was also plumb vertical?

Nope. I assumed that a highly organised, efficient and professional outfit like the West Way crowd appear to be wouldn't have made such a schoolboy error...

On a separte note, wife decided its time to turn the heating on in the mornings which resulted in me hardly able to hang the 35s! - not until i tried Simons cheeky spit technique and was away on my repeaters...

Doylo

• forum hero
#249 Re: Beastmaker
October 02, 2009, 11:12:02 am

You got a 25 hour steam room in yer kitchen, strange.

you'd love it word. proper stark bollock naked steam room homme scene.

Get me a ticket i'm en route!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal