UKBouldering.com

Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things (Read 12757 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 09:49:12 am
do you do any mantleing st hubbin. the guys who i let train with me sometimes like saltbeef, dobbin, and paul b where all into muscle ups, whereas i shunned them stating they were useless for climbing, the fact i couldn't do them should be ignored. of the four of us only one was half useful at mantles, i'm sure the other 3 won't mind me pointing that out. what i'm saying is the only thing muscle ups are good for is impressing young girls and idiots down at the works

Johnny B Badd

#26 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 10:58:11 am

One arm dips are more awkward than a struggle.

How the fcuk do you do stabalise the rest of your body? You must be pulling or pushing against something with the other arm  :-\

Even Kurt  :bow: on 'The Real Thing' does The Piano with assistance from the other arm. And he can do 20 one-arm pull-ups whilst asleep  ;)

I'd have thought a true one-arm dip would be something like decline bench pressing twice your body weight.  What's your normal bench 1RM?

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#27 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 12:01:37 pm
I used to newel post at the top of my stairs and put my legs either side of it. This is how i hurt my 'special purpose'.

It wasn't a full dip down either as i ended up hunched over my hand and then straightened from that.

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#28 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 12:32:07 pm
St Hubbins I thought you were a Sandstone boy no? With all those grubby top outs your triceps should be monster unless your one of the elbow/ & knee brigade. Or is this why you like bouldering at High as they finish half way up al la Mile End style. Ps I am only fucking with you..........

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#29 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 12:34:19 pm
Ha ha! I was thinking just this. Go and do One Nighter at Bowles, Font top outs will be a formailty after that.

richie0210

• regular
#30 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 12:54:01 pm
 Lol I second the one nighter comment. Even if you are good at top outs, One nighter will have you crawling off the top wishing you had stronger triceps.

Dips is the way forward to get strong triceps..

Muscle ups are good for showing off and proving you have strong triceps.( If your going to do muscle ups least do them off rings. much more effective.

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#31 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 01:06:31 pm
I know Sandstone takes a beating on here, but we do have some of the best top outs....done the crux now get off the top without looking like a punter haaha.

Paul B

• forum hero
#32 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 23, 2009, 01:07:39 pm
It wasn't a full dip down either as i ended up hunched over my hand and then straightened from that.

This thread  :wall:

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#33 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 27, 2009, 11:00:00 am

This thread  :wall:

Ok, so whats the CORGI Registered method for doing them then?  ;D

I started from one arm extended on the post, lowered down so that my pec was on the back of my hand (which was top of post) then pushed up from that? That not low enough. If i go down to chin on a post i will not have anymore children due to balls becoming internal organs.

Since they cancelled 'the running man' me, fireball, captain freedom, sub zero & buzzsaw have all been having access to all the vast gym equipment they offered and have had to improvise our training....... so any tips will be welcome

DubDom

• menacing presence
#34 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 29, 2009, 09:20:43 am

a dense loner

• forum hero
#35 Re: Mantel Dips/ reverse pull up things
January 29, 2009, 01:45:21 pm
good little vid. he's no weak

tobym

• menacing presence

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal