UKBouldering.com

Disputing an invoice (Read 1537 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
Disputing an invoice
January 19, 2009, 05:54:40 pm
Wondered if any Lawyers/Accountants can shed any light on this for me.......

We received a massive bill for our company tax return with several costs we did not expect. We responded to the letter immediately with our concerns and received a breakdown of the bill.  We still felt that this was WAY above what we had been quoted and that other charges had not be transparant.  We sent an email and letter explaining this with a cheque for a reduce amount.

The company says that we don't have a case and must pay the full amount or they will refer this to their debt agency.  What are our rights and what can we do about this?

Cheers in advance

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Disputing an invoice
January 19, 2009, 05:58:01 pm
I'm no lawyer, but do you have the original quote?  Does that detail the work to be done?  Does this tally against what they are trying to charge you?  If they are trying to charge you for something you weren't quoted for, why was that work done (and why are you being billed for it if you didn't require/request it)?

Obviously there may be instances where extra work was needed but if they're trying to bill your for unnecessary/unauthorised work thats a good starting point for not paying.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: Disputing an invoice
January 19, 2009, 06:07:39 pm
Without seeing the invoice and knowing what work was involved it's tricky to say whether or not you've been fleeced or if they are legitimate charges. Gotta dash now but PM me and tomorrow I'd be happy to have a look at stuff for you and advise accordingly. There are a lot of shit accountants out there.

:)

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Re: Disputing an invoice
January 19, 2009, 06:08:55 pm
Thanks Jasper I'll PM you  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal