UKBouldering.com

Bishops Stortford (Read 3631 times)

sammm

Bishops Stortford
January 12, 2009, 09:20:21 pm
going to be in Stortford for a few days in Feb. Is there anywhere to get out bouldering? Searched to no avail.
Cheers.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 12:30:46 am

Very much doubt it sammm, you're in the flatlands there...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 09:07:51 am
No chance unless you can find a wall.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 10:04:46 am
That's where Airlie was from. It has to be one of the worst places in the country to live if you're a climber. Come to think of it, even if you're not a climber it's still shit. There's a new climbing wall in Harlow but I don't know if it's any good.

T_B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 11:02:54 am
That's where Airlie was from. It has to be one of the worst places in the country to live if you're a climber. Come to think of it, even if you're not a climber it's still shit. There's a new climbing wall in Harlow but I don't know if it's any good.

Quite good though if you want to jump on a flight from Stansted to Barcelona  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 11:09:39 am
Indeed. Scant consolation though. One could equally say "at least it's not as shit as Luton".  :)

sammm

#6 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 13, 2009, 11:36:21 am
so, i guess 'no' would be the answer.
A*se.
Thanks anyway.

saintlade

• player
#7 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 27, 2009, 11:42:54 pm
Hi, I have been incarcerated in Stortford upon occasion. Me Ma lives there. Actual bouldering very unlikely other than a bit of buildering to be had. There's a newly opened wall in Harlow I haven't been to which is near the train station so easy to get to from stortford, 2 stops I think. But alas they have no bouldering area but sure you could find someone to hook up with for routes. Cambridge has the Kelsey Kerridge? wall which is IMO pretty gash, or failing that you could head to the Castle which  is on the tube to Tottenham Hale, down to Finsbury Park, then back upto Manor House which is good for indoor bouldering. I hope your stay in Stortford ain't a long one  :boohoo:

corniceman

• regular
#8 Re: Bishops Stortford
January 30, 2009, 12:52:12 pm
Both Airlie and I came from Stortford so between us weve achieved some good ticks, not bad for a god forsaken little comuter town in Herts.
I left like Airlie to get more climbing in. used to travel to Sobell twice a week to train, but there is a disused railway bridge near Much Hadam that has a few vertical brick edge style problems on it.
better still go and watch the Blues play football.

Simon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal