UKBouldering.com

The Promise Flashed (Read 121894 times)

Shy Yorkshireman

• regular
    • climblox
#200 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 12, 2009, 10:55:17 pm
actually he was down the works just now (but i don't have photos to prove it so you'll have to take my word for it) ;)

Is the future for the poor lad? UKB stalkers until someone sees him do something hard?  ;D

Unfortunately it will be. Scott seems like a really nice lad, I just don't understand why he doesn't blow us all away with some proof. I know i fucking would. I'd be round Dense's armed with a dvd with extra sharp edges and then ram it home.  

Very wise words ferret All this is quite unsavoury and not why we climb. But it is I'm afraid a fact of life and one that will keep coming up. It always has and always will.

Sorry.

grimer

• forum hero
#201 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 09:44:57 am
Is that really Jo's granny?

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#202 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 09:53:49 am
sadly no - my belgian grandma (god rest her) was actually fatter!

220bpm

• player
  • In my lungs, and sometimes up my nose...
    • My pictures
#203 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 10:45:02 am
To be honest if it was me in Scottys place, I'd be tempted NOT to post any videos or photos of the alleged ascent as a kind of payback to the doubters. Two finger up at the lot of ya  :P

This of course, kind of assumes that there are bugger all skeletons in the closet.

It's a line of thinking though.
Yes it's a line of thinking and it's also a bullshitters sole alibi and as such it serves to convince most people that you are a bullshitter after all. So if you really aren't a bullshitter it's a very high price to pay for a very weak form of payback. Surely proving your doubters wrong in spectacular fashion with an amazing film will give more lasting satisfaction  :shrug:.

Absolutely.

Again, if it was me I'd wait about a bit then turn up to some well populated venue, proceed to destroy some evil problems then stroll off nonchalantly into a deepening sunset.

That would rock  :thumbsup:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#204 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 11:44:31 am
eh? what have i got to do with this? i single-handedly converted most people into being non-believers? i've obviously missed my calling.

apart from all this when i told a friend that public enemy number 2 had flashed the joker the day before he laughed at me and said he'd seen him working it for the previous 3 wks. i have photo's of my friend to prove this is true.

as for ramming a dvd with proof of ascents up my arse, if this turns out to be the case i'll bring the lube.

i would also like to know who thinks it wise to just directly go and ask someone in a pub if they really did what they claim?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#205 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 11:59:58 am
apart from all this when i told a friend that public enemy number 2 had flashed the joker the day before he laughed at me and said he'd seen him working it for the previous 3 wks. i have photo's of my friend to prove this is true.
Well, FFS, don't just talk about, post the photos and clear this mess up.

It works both ways. You lot want proof off Scott to back up his claims, then you should be expected to post proof to back up your accusations.

You and Scouse deserve puntering for being as bad as Scott's gaggle of underage followers - baseless support vs. baseless dismissals.

dave

#206 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:07:29 pm

what, the photos to prove he's got a friend?

webbo

• forum hero
#207 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:08:46 pm

i would also like to know who thinks it wise to just directly go and ask someone in a pub if they really did what they claim?

given that scott is allegedly a 12 year old scrawny youth whilst yourself are  allegedly a fine figure of adult masculinity this shouldn't be too unwise.have a few pints and man up.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#208 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:17:42 pm
fiend what are you talking about you lunatic? you should get a job at some stage in your life, not in i.t. the plan is to tear you away from pc's for a bit

can't bring myself to webbo

it shouldn't work both ways

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#209 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:20:30 pm

I thought Dense meant photos to prove he'd made someone laugh.

dave

#210 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:22:35 pm

I thought Dense meant photos to prove he'd made someone laugh.

either way its a lofty claim.

webbo

• forum hero
#211 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:24:25 pm
fiend what are you talking about you lunatic? you should get a job at some stage in your life, not in i.t. the plan is to tear you away from pc's for a bit

can't bring myself to webbo

it shouldn't work both ways

maybe not, you'd only get accused of bullying britains great hope to stem the yankee/european tide.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#212 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:27:46 pm
just another one that can't be backed up dave

i'm sure we can find another webbo. i know jeffrey archers getting on a bit, but still...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#213 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:36:46 pm
I presumed there was a bit of misspelling/mis-grammar and dense was saying his friend had photos to prove Scott had worked the Joker.

Either way it's accusations without proof, without this friend coming forward nor putting his name to it.

Too much fucking nudge nudge wink wink rumours speculation 3rd hand bullshit. In general.

dave

#214 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:47:46 pm
just out of interest, what would constitute "proof" in your eyes? Would dense have to give the name of his mate? would his mate have to post up here to that effect? sign a sworn affidavit? would his mate have to produce photos of scott? would his PC and any PCs he's got access to have to be audited for use of Notepad or any other EXIF editing software? would he have to have shot the photos on transparency film and not own a computer or scanner? would the photos have to be timestamped on a foresically-secure camera designed specially for these purposes?

What i'm trying to say here is theres always a point at which you can pick a hole in "proof". At what point do you conclude that its more likely that scotts been telling porkies than dense's mate? I suppose it depends if you know who the source is and estimate them to be reliable. So we're all in a different place here, some will know the source, some will know of the source, some don't know. hence there will be a difference of opinion.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#215 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:51:54 pm
cheers dave. fiend stop being a halfwit my mate marmite has only come to light on page 8 or 9 and has no bearing on the preceedings, apart from to convert scouse. which was easy, i could have told him anything after giving him the news that i was his father

webbo

• forum hero
#216 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 12:58:51 pm
is your mate original or the new limited edition chamagne marmite.anyhow i may have actually seen this here scott outside at the plantation no less.
unfortunately said youth who may or may not been the youth in question seem to spend all his time bushing and squeezing holds without bothering to pull on.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#217 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:00:57 pm
I can confirm dense has 1 friend and what he said he has told me as well 1st hand

a dense loner

• forum hero
#218 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:03:12 pm
shit, you're not thinking of me are you webbo? bald youth, gettin on a bit?

how dare he speak to others!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#219 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:06:33 pm
just out of interest, what would constitute "proof" in your eyes? Would dense have to give the name of his mate? would his mate have to post up here to that effect? sign a sworn affidavit? would his mate have to produce photos of scott? would his PC and any PCs he's got access to have to be audited for use of Notepad or any other EXIF editing software? would he have to have shot the photos on transparency film and not own a computer or scanner? would the photos have to be timestamped on a foresically-secure camera designed specially for these purposes?

What i'm trying to say here is theres always a point at which you can pick a hole in "proof". At what point do you conclude that its more likely that scotts been telling porkies than dense's mate? I suppose it depends if you know who the source is and estimate them to be reliable. So we're all in a different place here, some will know the source, some will know of the source, some don't know. hence there will be a difference of opinion.

No idea. You lot at the ones who want proof off Scott, you tell me what proof entails.

Someone comes along and says Scott flashed the Joker, you lot want proof.

Someone comes along and says Scott can't have flashed the Joker as he worked it, you lot should want proof of that too.

It's nothing to do with me, thankfully I don't know any sources involved and have no vested interest in the issue either way. But as an outside observer, it seems obvious you should all play by the same rules. Honesty and clarity from ALL, yes?

webbo

• forum hero
#220 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:07:30 pm
 no he was thin with hair and seemed to have young lady watching him all doey eyed unless i need an eye test and it was jim being all doey eyed.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#221 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:22:32 pm
fiend you're aa nice guy sometimes but anyone who thinks like that and eats raw mince with a raw egg on top is not to be taken seriously. you now want proof that someone didn't do something. you are, excuse my swearing, a fucking genius.
i did not do imhotep in font last wk and whats more no one saw me not doing it.
me n jim stayed in f1 last wk, don't know about doe eyes but we didn't get much sleep.

Doylo

• forum hero
#222 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:26:58 pm
me n jim stayed in f1 last wk, don't know about doe eyes but we didn't get much sleep.

Did Jim get to experience the sausage of doom?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#223 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:32:57 pm
you now want proof that someone didn't do something. you are, excuse my swearing, a fucking genius.

It is proof that the claimed flash of the Joker was not a flash because it was practiced.

I.e. where are your mates pictures of Scott practising the Joker prior to his claimed flash.

Thus it is not proof that someone didn't do something, but that they did do something which in turn invalidates their claim to have flashed a problem.

It ain't rocket science  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#224 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 13, 2009, 01:38:21 pm
From now on I'm going to take photos every time I see someone trying something hard. That way once they claim to have flashed the problem in question I'll be able to immediately debunk their bogus lies. Oh no hang on that wont work - see dave's post above. This really is getting silly.

Did Jim get to experience the sausage of doom?

Google ad at the bottom of the screen "PERFECT HOLES".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal