technical > music production

Dabbling in making techno

<< < (2/4) > >>

Adam Lincoln:

--- Quote from: GCW on December 23, 2008, 01:11:53 pm ---I like Reason, but it isn't simple to "dabble". 

--- End quote ---

Haha, you know what i mean. Always fancied trying my hand, so going to have a go.

Thanks guys. Got both on download as we speak.

GCW:
In was meaning it's a lot of work to get a tune out of Reason.  takes me quite a while twiddling knobs to get the sounds I want, then a while for tune and orchestration.
There's other things out there that are simpler.

Bubba:
I don't think Ableton is that easy to dabble in really either tbh...

For dabbling maybe things like Fruityloops might be better? What do you recommend GCW?

I've found Reason quite good for doing some basic loops and stuff - rig up a couple of Redrums and just program some drum loops - lots of fun.

Cubase is the other big package but never tried it.

There's always Rebirth which gives you a 303, 808 and a 909 to mess about on, and is a free download :)

slackline:

--- Quote from: Bubba on December 23, 2008, 01:18:31 pm ---rig up a couple of Redrums

--- End quote ---

Now we've all seen The Shining....

GCW:
Can't talk of Ableton, not used it.
ReBirth is useful and easy to get going with, if you can get hold of it (it's now bundled with Reason).
Cubase is easy to use, and with the VSTis you can bang out tunes fairly quick.  You can still import samples too, so it's a fair place to start.
Frooty Loops is another good place to start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version