UKBouldering.com

Jerry Moffatt – Revelations :: January 2009 (Read 47135 times)

grimer

• forum hero
Hang on a bloody minute! jomjon? As in jon? As in Jon Barton of Vertebrate Graphics, the publisher? Well you would say that it was good, wouldn't you.

cofe

• forum hero
it's ok grimer. i think it's rubbish, which sort of balances the whole thing out.

you should read it by the way. it's great. i cut all that bollocks about the states, germany, france and replaced it with some stuff about the profound effect finally meeting cofe had on him, written in the 4th person tence.

jonjon

• addict
right then - i'm off back to UKC. Now where's my harness...I'll leave my sense of humour here.

dave

you should bring out 2 books, one called "jerry", the other one called "moffatt", people could buy both, read them, then just read the best one. check em out, direct comparison.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
It looks as if The Man Himself will be doing a magic lantern presentation at the Works on Sunday 22nd Feb. I might even buy a ticket myself.

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
It looks as if The Man Himself will be doing a magic lantern presentation at the Works on Sunday 22nd Feb. I might even buy a ticket myself.
Bloody hell Graeme allowing the enemy in.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Kerr-ching is all I have to say.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
More importantly what the fuck is a magic lantern presentation? It sounds gay.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

GraemeA is really showing his age, its Ye Olde speak for a Slide Show

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Shame. I was thinking more........

....and trying to work out how/why ol' squeaky voice would be doing a presentation with one.  :-\

Paul B

• forum hero
anyone else preordered today?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

:agree: well actually a few weeks back.  Can't wait to get my mits on it and start reading.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Does anyone remember the old article (not sure which mag, High?) that Jerry wrote about doing Rage De Vivre and Minimum? Every time we walked up to Bout De Monde it was obligatory for someone to shout "I hate this walk" in a squeaky voice.

cofe

• forum hero

Can't believe he hasn't beat me to it. This has been rearranged. It's now on Sunday 8th Feb. I'm sure the G-dogg will follow with more details.

This is currently Jerry's only major slideshow/talk in Sheffield. He will also be appearing at SHAFF though on Saturday 28 Feb.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Can't believe he hasn't beat me to it. This has been rearranged. It's now on Sunday 8th Feb. I'm sure the G-dogg will follow with more details.

This is currently Jerry's only major slideshow/talk in Sheffield. He will also be appearing at SHAFF though on Saturday 28 Feb.

I was too busy awarding Jon a wad point  ;D

8.15pm on Sunday 8th Feb. So stock up on your helium and lose those razors.

Haven't sorted ticket prices yet but expect them to be around a tenner. We will be hiring in some heaters as well - got one to try out for Gaz's talk this Sunday.

As ever we will have one of our fabulous "everyone's a winner" raffle. Just have to work out what kind of beer everyone will win.

marty

• menacing presence

:agree: I have mine ordered. The first non-guide-climbing-book I have bought since .... since ...... that dodgy patrick edlinger glossy from a bargain basement bucket...

jonjon

• addict

Slack-line is showing his age - it's a multimedia presentation

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Slack-line is showing his age - it's a multimedia presentation

:lol: touchι

SarahStirling

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that Jerrry will be giving a lecture and a reading from his new book at the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival, which runs from February 27 to March 1.

ShAFF is a massive event, this is it's 4th year and it's going to be bigger and better than ever: there will be tons of showings of amazing adventure films at the Showroom in Sheffield plus loads of cool lectures and fun fringe events.

Jerry will be selling and signing copies of the book after his lecture / reading which starts at 12.45pm on Saturday 28th Feb. He will also be around later in the evening of the 28th Feb to introduce Chris Sharma to the stage for his lecture at 7pm.

You can get tickets at www.shaff.co.uk ...

Sarah

cofe

• forum hero
If anyone would like to read an excerpt from Jerry's book, an edited section from the Master's Wall chapter is now live on UKC.

andy_e

• forum hero
Student Loans have arrived! I know what I'm ordering later...  :bounce:

cofe

• forum hero
Jerry's book is finally here! It looks great (I would say that), but it really is Jerry's story that it's all about and Grimer has done an incredible job in putting it down in words.

We've been cracking the whip this afternoon....

......and we'll be sending out all the pre-orders ASAP so thanks to everyone on UKB who's ordered through Vertebrate. The book will also be available from plenty of other places as it filters out over the next few days and weeks. 

Cheers ears.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Where can i get that t-shirt?!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
......and we'll be sending out all the pre-orders ASAP so thanks to everyone on UKB who's ordered through Vertebrate. The book will also be available from plenty of other places as it filters out over the next few days and weeks. 

I am so very excited. Any chance it will be here by Friday? perfect for a long flight.

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Mine just arrived  :great:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal