UKBouldering.com

Serious injury - recovery time (Read 29629 times)

dunnyg

• forum hero
#75 Re: Serious injury - recovery time
April 30, 2019, 02:41:48 pm
That sounds full on, thanks for posting it up. I had (at one point in the past) been wondering about climbing with a stoma (diagnosed with some bowl stuff but the drugs seem to be working), but fortunately don't need one (so far!). Good effort on getting back on it, good to know it is possible, if it ever comes to that.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#76 Re: Serious injury - recovery time
April 30, 2019, 02:46:29 pm
Sucks, doesn’t it.

Very impressed you made it back to climbing Ian.

The late Mrs OMM (how crass is that designation, wasn’t quite sure how to put it though, so went with “trying to be funny”), with the help of her Mum; stitched up a neoprene cummerbund/waist band thingy, that had a rigid packing foam “surround” or “case” for her bag. So she could climb, swim and deal with our (then) toddlers without too many “accidents”.
Bulky, but effective.

ianabbot

#77 Re: Serious injury - recovery time
May 01, 2019, 06:44:39 pm
Cheers guys,

Will/Chris: Thanks for the Jam Crack recommendation, I enjoyed that. What a legend Mick Fowler is – if he does manage to get back to Alpine bivvies with a stoma that will be monumentally impressive!

OMMatt: The neoprene stoma band sounds brilliant! I tried a NHS-issue one, which was basically a cup-shaped piece of hard plastic with some flimsy elastic, and it was useless. You should patent the OMM family version, which would be miles better.

dunnyg: Really pleased that the medication is keeping a lid on things for you – fingers crossed it stays that way. Also, I think bowel surgery techniques are constantly improving, and if you do end up needing it hopefully the procedure might be a bit less brutal than it was back then?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#78 Re: Serious injury - recovery time
May 02, 2019, 10:44:40 am
My rectum had now gone, arse duly sewn up.

You'd be no good in jail!

My older bothered had an appendectomy and they (fortunately) picked up cancerous cells in the appendix as part of routine screening, so he had part of his lower intestine removed (as well as chemo). He now has no belly button, a look that Adam rocked.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#79 Re: Serious injury - recovery time
May 02, 2019, 11:27:43 am
Incredible coming through all that Ian. :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal