UKBouldering.com

Football (Read 3206 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Football
January 11, 2009, 08:03:03 pm
Now I prefer a different shaped ball but I'm finding the Premiership or what ever it's called strangely compelling and for some reason can't help thinking that it would be a good thing if some 'big' teams were relegated, and for no other reason think Newcastle, Spurs and Man City should go down.  Now Greame I understand you might have an interest in this but I think that Newcastle can only be relegated once.

PS Good to see the Irish near the top of the Guinness Premiership1

Graeme78

• player
#1 Re: Football
January 12, 2009, 09:35:19 am
I assume your not talking to me, but I for one would love to see Newcastle go down. People take the piss out of city for havoing won nothing for 30 years, but it's been 50 years since Newcastle won anything, hardly the most flattering record for one of the biggest clubs in the country. Spurs, yeah I'd like to see them go down, they bring nothing to the premiership and I regard Redknapp as one of the biggest mercenary's in football, mind you Defoe is no better follwoing Redknapp back to Spurs. They should have stayed at Portsmouth.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: Football
January 12, 2009, 09:45:12 am
It would be truly hilarious if Spurs went down. This was supposed to be the season that they broke into the top four.......

I agree Sloper, the Premiership is for once living up to it's billing as being the most exciting league. I've never known it be so close from bottom to top and have no idea who will eventually go down. Who could have predicted some of the results from Hull and Stoke?! I'd like to see Liverpool win the title (well I'd prefer to see Arsenal win it but that's not going to happen) but I have the familiar creeping sense of dread that it will be The Scum yet again or possibly Chelski which isn't much better in my book.

fatkid2000

• junky
#3 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 09:42:20 am
So is Kaka worth £100 million? - if this is what football is about, its even more of a stupid game than I thought.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 10:09:20 am
He is worth it for his name alone.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#5 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 09:26:49 pm
Apparently now pronounced carcar.  At least on the beeb

Shame he'll be joining the most expensive side in the championship  :)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#6 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 09:42:59 pm
If we do win the Premiership, the streets of Liverpool will be unimaginable. Post Champions League win it was total carnage. An amazing day.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#7 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 10:38:51 pm
So is Kaka worth £100 million? - if this is what football is about, its even more of a stupid game than I thought.

He is, to be fair, pretty handy - apologies for the eurocheese soundtrack, but the goals are quality!

I certainly wouldn't be looking forward to the mighty Hammers playing them if / when they sign him.

JohnM

• junky
#8 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 11:02:49 pm
Everyone knows the Championship is the most exciting league!  Any one can beat anyone and the 'top four' changes all the time.  Up the North End!

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#9 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 11:07:38 pm
If we do win the Premiership, the streets of Liverpool will be unimaginable. Post Champions League win it was total carnage. An amazing day.

Dream on.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#10 Re: Football
January 15, 2009, 11:18:30 pm

Dream on.

I've got a few of my pre-season pounds on it at 8-1, so I'm definitely hoping the dream stays alive!

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#11 Re: Football
January 16, 2009, 08:49:00 am
Great vid.

As a complete neutral to the premiership league if it means more chance of the Scum getting hammered then I don't care how much City pay for him  :beer2:.  Can't see Mark Hughes being manager next year though?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal