UKBouldering.com

significant repeats (Read 4436063 times)

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
#7375 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 03:47:07 pm
DC came close on RA into TC years ago. As Dan said the linking part of RA into TC is supposed to be hard.

Great effort from Jack!

Still, so many hard links still to do in the cave it's almost endless.

A great straight-ish up one would be Hatchatrocity into Bonnie or In Hell into TC or Bonnie would be mega. Cave needs an 8C!

how about replace rockatrocity with Louis Armstrong then you have some strong pulling for sure

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#7376 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 03:56:05 pm
DC came close on RA into TC years ago. As Dan said the linking part of RA into TC is supposed to be hard.

Great effort from Jack!

Still, so many hard links still to do in the cave it's almost endless.

A great straight-ish up one would be Hatchatrocity into Bonnie or In Hell into TC or Bonnie would be mega. Cave needs an 8C!

how about replace rockatrocity with Louis Armstrong then you have some strong pulling for sure

Yeah, Last Stand into Louis into the Bonnie Extension would be the hardest link in there I guess...

Doylo

• forum hero
#7377 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 05:11:37 pm
The new thing is harder than Directors for sure. 7C+ into Halfway rather than 7C. Plus a couple more moves and more pumpy as you have to pull down on Rocka whereas on Lou you just fall into holds off heels. Pete Robins seems to think that Mcclure did this years ago though as he had a few sessions on Big Link into Trigger. The way he did Trigger was still one of the most dismaying things I've seen in there.

Doylo

• forum hero
#7378 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 05:14:02 pm
Every time I hear of a new link up in the Cave, I think, Desory was a flipping monster, pretty much doing in Hell into Clyde, 10 years ago???. (Then I think, what the fuck happened to Mickey).

Would be the hardest PE problem in the country. He was so close too.

Doylo

• forum hero
#7379 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 05:15:55 pm
Not really a repeat, but somebody has found a couple of new holds to use in Parisella's.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item/70990/triggertrocity_8b_-_new_link-up_at_parisellas

No new holds I'm afraid  ;)

User deactivated

• stalker
#7380 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 06:25:39 pm
Cheers everyone.

Yeah Doylo's right no new holds, I'd say it probably is harder than Directors looking at the grade of the links, only really had one proper go at this and got really close to doing it. Lou is wet at this time of year to so i've not been back on it yet.

Trigger cut just seems to keep coming at you when you do it from anywhere else in the cave, when i first watched DC trying it on Doylo's youtube i couldn't believe he dropped it from where he did. I then managed to drop it maybe ten times after this in the last month or so.

Hang on, so Lou Ferrino into Trigger Cut has been done (Directors?) but not Rock Atrocity into Trigger Cut (this new thing)?

All the strong regulars must be kicking themselves.

Anyone happen to know how many low starts can be done into Rock Atrocity?

wobbly block, pit of hell, hatch, last stand, pilgrim, maybe more?

Wobbly block and pit of hell probably wouldn't be that worth while (they pull on in strange places even by cave standards), Pilgrim, Hatch and the 'In" start would be the three i'd guess.

tomtom

• forum hero
#7381 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 06:29:14 pm
Effort Jack!

User deactivated

• stalker
#7382 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 06:32:31 pm
Some of the best lines remain undone, Hatch into Bonnie - straight line middle of the cave, no skirting off into easier problems like the link i did. For me this would trump any other link simply because of how straight it is.

Lou into clyde still wants doing. Anything other than Ferrino into Incredible bulk.

Plus anything from the bottom of the cave into trigger, which is the one i'm really keen for.

36chambers

• forum hero
#7383 Re: significant repeats
March 14, 2017, 11:04:56 pm
Some of the best lines remain undone, Hatch into Bonnie - straight line middle of the cave, no skirting off into easier problems like the link i did. For me this would trump any other link simply because of how straight it is.

Lou into clyde still wants doing. Anything other than Ferrino into Incredible bulk.

Plus anything from the bottom of the cave into trigger, which is the one i'm really keen for.

Le Dernier Triggertrocity!

edit: good effort on your problem btw

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#7384 Re: significant repeats
March 15, 2017, 08:32:29 pm
Two 8B's in a week! Directors Cut the mans way, effort Jack! Was warm on the Orme today too.

User deactivated

• stalker
#7385 Re: significant repeats
March 15, 2017, 09:53:46 pm
Two 8B's in a week! Directors Cut the mans way, effort Jack! Was warm on the Orme today too.

Cheers Luke. You're not wrong it was definitely warm today, conditions were as good as they've been in a while though. Really glad to get that one done quickly.

Le Dernier Triggertrocity!

edit: good effort on your problem btw

Le Dernier Triggertrocity has a good ring to it, would be the living end though, 8A move, then some awkward but not too hard moves to RA, then two 8As or 7C,7C+,7C+ back to back depending on where you split the problems up.

monkey boy

• forum hero

Danny

• junky
#7387 Re: significant repeats
March 16, 2017, 09:11:58 pm
Significant!

monkey boy

• forum hero
#7388 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 06:54:05 am
Melissa Le Neve has done Mecanique Elementaire (8B+) too - https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtudJtA5In/?taken-by=melissaleneve&hl=en

Duma

• forum hero
#7389 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 08:25:47 am
she mentions Nalle did jour de chasse too - this still given 8C?

oh, and  :strongbench: :bow: :wub:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#7390 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 08:28:32 am
 :wub:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#7391 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 08:46:10 am
Pfft... Dem comp climberz and their crappy rock skillz.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#7392 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 02:37:58 pm
Guess these aren't repeats, but still significant, sounds like Mike Adams has put up two 8C's recently.

https://www.climber.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-adams-blasts-far-eastern-limestone-with-two-new-font-8cs.html

Serenation at Impossible Roof- basically Serendipity Sit (8B+) into Tomohawk (8B)
Bordello at Earth Quarry- which I presume is a sit start to this:

How many 8C's are there now in the UK? And how many have been repeated?

From the top of my head:

Shadowplay (unrepeated)
Il Pirita (unrepeated)
Serenata (Ned and Dawid)
These two (unrepeated).

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#7393 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 03:16:46 pm
Melissa Le Neve has done Mecanique Elementaire (8B+) too - https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtudJtA5In/?taken-by=melissaleneve&hl=en

Boom! First french-woman to do 8B+ I believe.

I saw Seb Bouin hike “Definicion de Resistencia (Democratia)” yesterday, but as he seems to take 9a rather than 9a+ for it, I'm not sure it's significant.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#7394 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 03:20:33 pm
Shadowplay (unrepeated)
Il Pirita (unrepeated)
Serenata (Ned and Dawid)
These two (unrepeated).

And Walk Away sitter (unrepeated).

But yeah, awesome stuff from Mike!

dave

#7395 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 03:24:49 pm
I don't know whether to be inspired or dismayed that one of the hardest problems in the world is in a quarry in Conisborough.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#7396 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 03:41:55 pm

You know that thing where people would take a crop of Gaskins' face when he was trying really hard and paste it over a picture of themselves on a boulder problem? I think Mike's face at 0:40 is the new Gaskins face for our times.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#7398 Re: significant repeats
March 17, 2017, 06:18:46 pm
You know that thing where people would take a crop of Gaskins' face when he was trying really hard and paste it over a picture of themselves on a boulder problem? I think Mike's face at 0:40 is the new Gaskins face for our times.

Effort Mike!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#7399 Re: significant repeats
March 21, 2017, 11:45:45 am
Stefano Ghisolfi has done La Rambla fourth go. Significant, I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal