UKBouldering.com

Ondrawad (Read 586115 times)

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#2125 Re: Ondrawad
December 30, 2020, 12:32:42 am
mmm.... my better half lived in Barcelona for 6 years, since then we have been in the area quite often... YMMV

I was there for 6 months this winter. Chasing shade.

You chasing shade, now that is bullshit  :lol:

Good point well made
There are salons for that nowadays

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2126 Re: Ondrawad
December 30, 2020, 07:45:27 am
Chris, Adam, Alex, they all say hi.

batashakrakoom

#2127 Re: Ondrawad
January 01, 2021, 02:48:37 pm
That area of margalef can be a real swamp, its sat within the valley, burried amongst the trees, it can feel like a sauna sometimes over there compared to say espadelles which is high up and overlooks everything, so yeah, can probably cut him a bit of slack on this one.  He should have given up and come to try Bon Combat, reckon he'd piss it. 

I live in BCN, weather wise its been warm / wet / warm / wet, was good in october then again in late december but Ondra left already.

When he arrived here there were covid restrictions - but legally he was ok  (as per my understanding), though perhaps a 10 man film crew, non of which were wearing masks - which is the law here - wasn't necessary nor a great look..

That said, whilst he is taking some heat for that - after he left the rules then became very strict,  people here can't travel between comarcas, so even if you live an hour away from Margalef - you can't go there now, some pros don't give a shit and have travelled here regardless including Megos who is seemingly trying to keep it hush hush, which hasn't gone unnoticed.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2128 Re: Ondrawad
January 01, 2021, 03:18:14 pm
That area of margalef can be a real swamp, its sat within the valley, burried amongst the trees, it can feel like a sauna sometimes over there compared to say espadelles which is high up and overlooks everything, so yeah, can probably cut him a bit of slack on this one.  He should have given up and come to try Bon Combat, reckon he'd piss it. 

I live in BCN, weather wise its been warm / wet / warm / wet, was good in october then again in late december but Ondra left already.

When he arrived here there were covid restrictions - but legally he was ok  (as per my understanding), though perhaps a 10 man film crew, non of which were wearing masks - which is the law here - wasn't necessary nor a great look..

That said, whilst he is taking some heat for that - after he left the rules then became very strict,  people here can't travel between comarcas, so even if you live an hour away from Margalef - you can't go there now, some pros don't give a shit and have travelled here regardless including Megos who is seemingly trying to keep it hush hush, which hasn't gone unnoticed.

Thanks for adding local context.

jwi

• forum hero
  • uhm... huh?
    • On Steep Ground
#2129 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 11:00:30 am
https://www.grimper.com/news-pourquoi-adam-ondra-est-reellement-difficulte-perfecto-mundo-9b

My better half is not the only one thinking that Ondra was there hors saison.

abarro81

• forum hero
#2130 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 02:02:40 pm
you can't go there now, some pros don't give a shit and have travelled here regardless including Megos who is seemingly trying to keep it hush hush, which hasn't gone unnoticed.

Was funny to see Bosi tag Megos in his insta pic and then fairly swiftly edit it to remove all mention (presumably at megos' request). All a llittle #carrotsforirony given the moralising nature of Megos' "new year" insta post.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2131 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 02:29:07 pm
you can't go there now, some pros don't give a shit and have travelled here regardless including Megos who is seemingly trying to keep it hush hush, which hasn't gone unnoticed.

Was funny to see Bosi tag Megos in his insta pic and then fairly swiftly edit it to remove all mention (presumably at megos' request). All a llittle #carrotsforirony given the moralising nature of Megos' "new year" insta post.

What happens if he does something important (XYZ project etc..) while he's not supposed to be there... Harder to publicize  your law breaking success (especially for a VW sponsored Olympian to be...)...

Kingy

• forum hero
#2132 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 03:19:04 pm
"There are many who would pay dearly to get “screwed” like this in a 9b +…"

Google translate made me laugh with this quote at the end of the article  :lol:

HaeMeS

• addict
#2133 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 03:35:00 pm
Travelling to Spain is not forbidden. Restrictions depend on the country you travel from (and the date you travelled). In Spain rules that apply for the Spanish (like travel restrictions between comarca's and regions) are applied in a very lenient way to foreigners. Which is not fair, but that's apperently the way it goes.

Which leaves aside the moral issue of travelling. A lot of people love to cast the first stone these days when Covid is involved.  :-\

JohnM

• junky
#2134 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 07:42:11 pm

Climbers dishing out moral advice has become a thing. Pro climbers preaching about climate change or capitalism. I don't give a shit what you think, you get paid to fly around the world to climb up bits of rock. Just get on with making some nice videos for me to watch while I am meant to working and trying to increase my own capital in between my own attempts to climb up much easier bits of rock. I don't care what you think about climate change.   

AndyR

• forum hero
#2135 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 08:04:39 pm

Climbers dishing out moral advice has become a thing. Pro climbers preaching about climate change or capitalism. I don't give a shit what you think, you get paid to fly around the world to climb up bits of rock. Just get on with making some nice videos for me to watch while I am meant to working and trying to increase my own capital in between my own attempts to climb up much easier bits of rock. I don't care what you think about climate change.
I wholeheartedly agree - even on the very rare occasions that the opinion is well-considered, thoughtful and cogent, I'm still not interested...

36chambers

• forum hero
#2136 Re: Ondrawad
January 04, 2021, 11:03:24 pm

I imagine Bosi's insta posts will slow down now he's been getting a bit of grief about his trip

jwi

• forum hero
  • uhm... huh?
    • On Steep Ground
#2137 Re: Ondrawad
January 05, 2021, 08:20:47 am

I wholeheartedly agree - even on the very rare occasions that the opinion is well-considered, thoughtful and cogent, I'm still not interested...

It can be worse, they can also share life lessons...

But seriously, do not follow celebrities on social media. Problem solved.

jwi

• forum hero
  • uhm... huh?
    • On Steep Ground
#2138 Re: Ondrawad
February 09, 2021, 09:35:45 pm

1 hour chat between Caldwell and Ondra

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal