UKBouldering.com

oh no, band recording! (Read 3683 times)

Caesar Power

• regular
  • SkuLLZ!
    • noise
oh no, band recording!
December 03, 2008, 11:53:18 am
If I mention using:
2 c3000's
2 sm57's
3 md421's
1 D12
...and you already know I'm talking about drum recording, your life's probably over already :boohoo:

Thought I'd start a thread on the incredible stressful art of recording live music.
Please post hints/tips/recordings etc...

Although not yet a studio wizard, I've been doing this shit for 10 years (on and off) so am willing to try and answer any questions.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#1 Re: oh no, band recording!
September 10, 2009, 01:37:45 pm
If I mention using:
2 c3000's
2 sm57's
3 md421's
1 D12
...and you already know I'm talking about drum recording, your life's probably over already :boohoo:

Thought I'd start a thread on the incredible stressful art of recording live music.
Please post hints/tips/recordings etc...

Although not yet a studio wizard, I've been doing this shit for 10 years (on and off) so am willing to try and answer any questions.

Ok, looking 4 a bit of help from someone whose got recording experience. The band im in have successfully recorded about 6 songs over the last few years, but were really struggling to get a professional finish/mix down. Were using the latest cubase release and kinda know the basics but im convinced were just missing something. I was thinking of going on a course if 1 exists just to see professionals at work.
Also weve just last weekend recorded another song in a studio/practice room in scouse land, using a chap who does loads of demos and again its an ok recording but it just doesnt have the x factor it terms of sound levels etc.
Now the easy thing would b to pay someone to do it for us professional studio job, but we aint millionaires.
Anyhow any ideas?

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#2 Re: oh no, band recording!
September 10, 2009, 01:39:11 pm
In fact ill post a link t the band website 4 a listen if you wish.

www.matchstickmenuk.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal