UKBouldering.com

training.. (Read 3863 times)

cuboard

• regular
training..
November 30, 2008, 10:46:26 am
Hi, i,m having trouble improving my campus board sessions. I can do 1-4-7 on both arms but no matter how hard i try i just can't do 1-5-8. i've seen ben pritch do it and he makes it look so easy. i'd also like to build a board in my celler, can anyone help- ideas, suggestions. maybe jasper can help or iv'e heard larger fish knows a bit about training. thanks in advance....

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: training..
November 30, 2008, 08:05:51 pm
Do some searches mate, theres so much training/board makeing info on here it should answer all your questions.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: training..
December 02, 2008, 08:59:13 am
Hi, i,m having trouble improving my campus board sessions. I can do 1-4-7 on both arms but no matter how hard i try i just can't do 1-5-8. i've seen ben pritch do it and he makes it look so easy. i'd also like to build a board in my celler, can anyone help- ideas, suggestions. maybe jasper can help or iv'e heard larger fish knows a bit about training. thanks in advance....

Ha ha fucking ha. Its finger strength you need you cunt as you well know.

Are you serious about building a board though? I'm not offering to help but I'll be happy to burn you off on it once it's built.  :P

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#3 Re: training..
December 02, 2008, 09:47:55 am
Well, Cu(p)board, Ben Pritch has long arms and great campus technique - you, on the other hand, are just weak and talentless  ;) I suspect that part of your difficulty lies in your inability to understand numbers greater than 6.

I will be happy to lend you my mass to weight test any board that you build.

I can also offer unhelpful critisism of almost any training activity that you might try.

Hope this helps

Lagers

On a more helpful note, when you do 1-5 are you keeping a bit of bend in the elbow of your leading arm? This helps with getting enough movement to do the second throw. Hitting 5 with a totally straight arm makes it very hard to keep going.

rodma

• forum hero
#4 Re: training..
December 02, 2008, 01:16:05 pm

On a more helpful note, when you do 1-5 are you keeping a bit of bend in the elbow of your leading arm? This helps with getting enough movement to do the second throw. Hitting 5 with a totally straight arm makes it very hard to keep going.

:agree:

Also, what worked for me was slowing down the 4-7 part of 1-4-7 until it was almost a one armer (took quite a long time) allowed me to 1-5-8 pretty consistently.

cuboard

• regular
#5 Re: training..
December 03, 2008, 10:20:50 am
of course i'm not going to build a board, but if i did, anything over 5% overhanging would render those girlie arms of yours useless, you cunttt..... and larger chubb, its cuboard to you mate.Oh thanks for the advice, i've now managed to  count to eight but missing out the seven.On a serious note though , if you guys fancy a fight i'll be down the sheaf at the weekend.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#6 Re: training..
December 03, 2008, 10:56:12 am
You've not replied to my text you utter gaylord. Are you offshore? If you're about Friday then I'm up for a drink but I'll let lagers do the fighting for me.

cuboard

• regular
#7 Re: training..
December 03, 2008, 11:26:15 am
mate offshore at the moment, should be back for weekend, although new lady friend coming up so mainly going to be fisting ad doing her up the arse!... ;D

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#8 Re: training..
December 03, 2008, 11:32:27 am
mate offshore at the moment, should be back for weekend, although new offshore friend coming up so mainly going to be fisted and done up the arse!... ;D

::)  what has this got to do with training?   :shrug:

ahh, you mean you are going to concentrate on improving your jamming and pocket pulling skills?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#9 Re: training..
December 03, 2008, 11:46:17 am
new lady friend coming

This should be in the Dreams thread, Cuboard. How on earth is a good looking, muscly bloke with a well paid job like you going to find a girlfriend?... oh I see

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal