UKBouldering.com

Sheffield Fri 28/11 - SURGEON + ANDREA PARKER - Redroom (Read 3907 times)

groovedog

• addict

SulpHate 002:

SURGEON (Counterbalance / Tresor / Dynamic Tension / Warp Records / Downwards)
http://www.dj-surgeon.com

A two-hour set from techno-genius Surgeon, member of British Murder Boys and Frequency 7. Surgeon has released records through many widely respected imprints, including the absolutely filthy 'This Is For You Shits' through Warp Records. Remixer of many artists from Dave Clarke to LFO, Mogwai to Thom Yorke, we are delighted to have Surgeon perform at SulpHate.

ANDREA PARKER (Touchin' Bass / Mo Wax)
http://www.touchinbass.com

Electro b-girl Andrea Parker, through her label Touchin' Bass, has put out records from Bitstream, Otto Von Schirach, Alpha 606 and Scarletron to name but a few. Andrea has also remixed artists such as The Orb, Phillip Glass, The Secret Frequency Crew and Depeche Mode. Expect a lot of bass-heavy beats.....

DISTORTED PANDA (Tinnitus)
http://www.myspace.com/tinnitussheffield
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81005575356&ref=ts

Hard as nails techno and breakcore from one of the finest residents in Sheffield. Distorted Panda is part of the Tinnitus party crew and will be devastating the dancefloor until the small hours.

MATT SLOCOMBE & DAS BROOME (Sputnik / SulpHate)

Jackin' techno and house from the boys responsible for the Sputnik parties at Club Shhh. Matt and Ian are the really rather good residents of SulpHate.

SulpHate runs 10pm -4am and costs £7.00 advance and £9.00 on the door

ADVANCE TICKETS FROM http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Sheffield/Redroom/Redroom/11255175/

Redroom
Charter Square
Sheffield
S1 4HS

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Great to be kept informed of good nights in Sheffield, but.....

As with other threads (Bleaustone holds, Heason Events etc.) this is essentially free advertising that you're getting and a small donation to the site might be apposite (apologies if this has already been done).

Bit miffed that I can't make this though (people visiting, who certainly wouldn't be interested in the night), sounds like a great night.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Any other members of the UKB crew going to this? Fiend and myself will be in attendance for what will no doubt be an awesome night - if anyone needs an extra incentive I am going to try and get Fiend to dance.  ;D

bluebrad

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Any other members of the UKB crew going to this? Fiend and myself will be in attendance for what will no doubt be an awesome night - if anyone needs an extra incentive I am going to try and get Fiend to dance.  ;D

bluebrad

I'd like to and the prospect of seeing Fiend dance adds to the attraction, but unfortunately have visitors tonight and this isn't really their scene at all  :(

Its compounded by the fact that Paul Daley (Leftfield) is DJing at Urban Gorrilla (where there is a 6am licence!)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm sure I can remember a time when i did this sort of thing but it's all becoming a bit hazy now, like I'm not sure it really happened.........

groovedog

• addict
Great to be kept informed of good nights in Sheffield, but.....

As with other threads (Bleaustone holds, Heason Events etc.) this is essentially free advertising that you're getting and a small donation to the site might be apposite (apologies if this has already been done).

Bit miffed that I can't make this though (people visiting, who certainly wouldn't be interested in the night), sounds like a great night.

Sorry slackline, I wasn't sure there was a protocol for paying for advertising club gig nights etc.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Sorry slackline, I wasn't sure there was a protocol for paying for advertising club gig nights etc.

There is no official line but it is ultimately free advertising (Bubba seems quite chilled about it all though, but I get the impression donations are always welcome).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Word. We'll be there. I've grooved before, with little pretence at coordination.

Houdini I expect kissing and making up and positive karma from you since we're going.

And yeah more UKBers the better. Tried the dobbinator but he's off to Scotland (presumably not seeking "great winter nick on the Ben").

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yes yes. Bluebrad and Fiend representing if no-one else was. Surgeon was top form, a  very well blended and relentless (as techno should be) set of well danceable stuff with a smidgeon of breaks and dubstep thrown in. The man did a good job and the vibe reflected that.

(Andrea Parker - good set to listen to but more in the chilled out tip apart some weird abstract noise stuff. Distorted Panda - woah back to the gabber days, started well but got a bit blurry so we left)

Where's those smooching noises from the Reich...?

groovedog

• addict
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yes yes. Bluebrad and Fiend representing if no-one else was. Surgeon was top form, a  very well blended and relentless (as techno should be) set of well danceable stuff with a smidgeon of breaks and dubstep thrown in. The man did a good job and the vibe reflected that.

(Andrea Parker - good set to listen to but more in the chilled out tip apart some weird abstract noise stuff. Distorted Panda - woah back to the gabber days, started well but got a bit blurry so we left)

Where's those smooching noises from the Reich...?

Good to hear you had a good one Fiend & Bluebrad, you'll have to introduce yourself next time. I'm the balding one of the four you may have seen on the till / coats.

Surgeon is definately one of the best Techno Djs at the moment, just a fine mix of jacking grimey filth. I was impressed with Andrea Parker too, never seen her play before.

We're doing a free party on Fri Dec 19th, more details to follow... plus more tasty techno offerings for '09
all the best

Das Broome

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Bluebrad looks like Wolverine w/out the sideburns. I don't.

+1 vote for any banging Scandinavian stuff in the new year  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal