UKBouldering.com

Online Problem book (Read 1281 times)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
Online Problem book
November 26, 2008, 02:17:15 pm
I climb at an indoor wall which has a problem book. I am looking to find something on-line, that is similar to the UKC log book, so a record can be kept of all probs set and completed by the members. I realise this is a little geeky, and that its all about the climbing, but i like to tick things.
If anyones knows of anywhere i might find such a service i would be very greatfull if you could let me know. Cheers

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Online Problem book
November 26, 2008, 02:50:35 pm
I can think of various solutions (one being Catalyst but thats dependent upon your knowledge of Perl and SQL).

One fundamental problem you'll have with this though is how do you actually record the problems themselves?  Are yousimply going to denote the colour, location,  time period and grade that a problem was up for?

This isn't a problem with outdoor routes/problems as they tend to be less transient in nature.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2 Re: Online Problem book
November 26, 2008, 03:06:33 pm
Basically all we need is a column for the problem name and grade, then a column for each member(30ish) to tick and add a personal grade. We have got a google group so i was thinking we could upload a basic spreadsheet but i wanted something a bit more suave looking 8). I will check out your suggestions, cheers

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Online Problem book
November 26, 2008, 03:22:04 pm
Catalyst may well be a bit of overkill then.

You could just use the Google Docs spreadsheet, but that would require everyone involved to have a Google Account.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal