UKBouldering.com

Dead Tasty Bikes Which Distract You From Climbing (Read 18465 times)

Yossarian

• forum hero

just about finished for a sunday at chicksands.

i gave up on the nicolai idea when i looked at my bank balance. 

please excuse the dirty rear tyre.

it's not quite finished.  i think a slightly longer stem is required. a nice gold hope job to match the headset.

and some of those nice easton carbon dh bars....

mmm

Yossarian

• forum hero
hoses a bit long as well, but i'm not taking my nice new brakes apart already.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
tidy.  the 'Doc will love those white hoses  :bounce:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Nice hardtail :)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
now...

that's a sweet bike mate  8)

Munkii

• stalker
i love the pedals. :great:

Yossarian

• forum hero
So come on then. I've shown you mine, now you show me yours...

Thinking about another new bike.  I quite like the idea of replacing the Whyte 46 with an E-120 Team. (I should be able to get a great deal, as I know the ATB Sales guys.)

Actually, in some ways I prefer the idea of something heavier duty (Intense Tracer VP maybe), but it is quite fun being able to cane it uphill from time to time. And I have 2x hardcore bikes already.

I was even thinking about the Whyte 19 Race.  Might look a bit silly with flat pedals on it though...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

Thinking about another new bike.  I quite like the idea of replacing the Whyte 46 with an E-120 Team. (I should be able to get a great deal, as I know the ATB Sales guys.)

Actually, in some ways I prefer the idea of something heavier duty (Intense Tracer VP maybe), but it is quite fun being able to cane it uphill from time to time. And I have 2x hardcore bikes already.

I was even thinking about the Whyte 19 Race.  Might look a bit silly with flat pedals on it though...

my XC bike is currently *cough* having some bling bolted on it. She's called mistress [ gets more attention and cash than the wife  ::) ]

i'm having a problem with what I was always in the understanding that post mount in forks is a universal standard... aparently not... magura post mount fitting brakes dont fit on a Fox... i feel a chat with Hope coming on  :-\

Yossarian

• forum hero
Does this Mistress answer to the name of Marin?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
yep!

But it's not just any Marin, it's Fatdoc's blinged to the max Marin!

I'll get some pics soon

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
I need some current piccies of my steed, which might not be that impressive since it is generally considered to be buggered at the moment.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

my XC bike is currently *cough* having some bling bolted on it. She's called mistress [ gets more attention and cash than the wife  ::) ]

i'm having a problem with what I was always in the understanding that post mount in forks is a universal standard... aparently not... magura post mount fitting brakes dont fit on a Fox... i feel a chat with Hope coming on  :-\

some widget in the post to LBS from Hope.

Sometimes the incompatibility of bike parts really does my head in.. I mean why on god's earth can there be a standard for a post mount on a fork !!!  >:(

Should be getting my baby back soon

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Sometimes the incompatibility of bike parts really does my head in.. I mean why on god's earth can there be a standard for a post mount on a fork !!!  >:(

Bit like saying why can't we all just speak Esperanto, or all drive on the right hand side. Is annoying though, but is almost universal constant.

Yossarian

• forum hero
It was the same deal with the "international standard" chain guide mounts. The ones on my Felt were about 20 degrees out...

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
This should probably go under the heading of "Once dead tasty bikes which now still work but are scratched and battered".  Taken last night on Win Hill (ish).

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Sweet NS! I've always wanted a 5.

Somwhere, i've got a great picture of an orange 5 painted up using the mobile phone company of the same name's livery. It has "the future's bright..." on the chainstay. Made me smile.

Yossarian

• forum hero
Very nice.

I had an Orange obsession for quite a while. Never got around to buying one though.

Friend of mine has been investing heavily of late. Bought that ex-Steve Peat wasp painted one. And another more freeridey 224.

Who has the Turner? Is that FBSF?

cofe

• forum hero
pretty sure it's fbsf avec le turner.

quite like the look of the 09 hemlock. no idea how it rides. but this one is white, so who cares:

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
I quite like the look of those Hemlocks too. Still, a few months ago Fatdoc actually talked me out of spending any money on a new bike (a first I know). So for now I'll stick with what I've got to distract me from climbing. Both a good few years old now, but seem to be more than good enough for me.

And

fatkid2000

• junky
Shimano on a Italian frame - that's very wrong.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Never mind that look at the spikey saddle  :o

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber

It's like crossing the streams on a proton pack.

here's my road bike just after it was built. I'll try and get a better photo soon.

tlr

• forum abuser
    • Myportfolio

My apologies  :spank: - I bought the bike secondhand and thats how it came. Seems to work OK so I think I'll leave it how it is.

Never mind that look at the spikey saddle  :o

Strangely comfortable, works for me, arse wasn't even sore after the Fred Whitton. :shrug:

webbo

• forum hero
no you need the japanease influence.you've only got to think of what the italians get up to if their left to do it on there own.
lamborghinis look great, will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 secs but will probably only do it once before something breaks or falls off.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
no you need the japanease influence.you've only got to think of what the italians get up to if their left to do it on there own.
lamborghinis look great, will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 secs but will probably only do it once before something breaks or falls off.

Ahh, but shimano wears out, campag wears in.

fatkid2000

• junky
Me want Campag super record. Me can't afford as wife will ask for divorce!!!!

Yossarian

• forum hero
a cento uno with super record has reached the dizzying summit of my must have list... it trampled over an awful lot of stuff to get there. when it figures out how to work the satellite phone i expect it'll be giving a press conference.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I feel a stiring in my loins at the mere mention on super record. Pictures cause me to climax. Am i alone in this?

fatkid2000

• junky
Wilier Cento Uno with super Record is on my list as well - It'll set you back,  £5300. FD has his order in.

That cervelo looks nice as well - is that one of their Aluminirum framed ones?? Apparently a ver under-rated bike.

webbo

• forum hero
no,no,no the italians need influence and support from another country in order to stop them going design mad.you've only got to look how nibile has become better looking and improved his climbing since he started hanging round on here. ;)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
That cervelo looks nice as well - is that one of their Aluminirum framed ones?? Apparently a ver under-rated bike.

Yup. Aluminium Soloist. Not the lightest bike on the road, but good lord does it accelerate fast when you give it some beans.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Near bling completed bike pics in link below

http://gallery.me.com/joncort/100008

sorry, Im having a moment and cant remember how to embed them....

fatkid2000

• junky
Very nice FD - where are the carbon bars??

And that wall needs some attention.

Yossarian

• forum hero
That looks like a nice bike.  I do like the forks. Mmmm...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Near bling completed bike pics in link below

http://gallery.me.com/joncort/100008

sorry, Im having a moment and cant remember how to embed them....

Xmas post slowing down final part of project..

Thanks Yoss :-[

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

tlr

• forum abuser
    • Myportfolio
Surely this is much more Fatdocs style?  8)

http://www.sbrsports.com/1011/509-502685

I love the jewellery boxpresentation like a necklace and earrings!  :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
http://www.sbrsports.com/1011/509-502685

Anyone who buys that chain is a fucking fool. I'll let you off if you're a world class racer but otherwise please try to get a grip on reality. When the cost of a bike chain starts to equal some people's take home wages for the week, it makes me thing that something is surely wrong? </rant>

Yossarian

• forum hero
having investigated the already discussed wilier cento uno super record, i had a look at the replacement cost of some of the components...

so, on the basis that i really do quite fancy one, can anyone lend me any of the following:

a black balaclava helmet
a sig sauer p220
a lloyds tsb branch address list
a souped up ford cortina
an air ticket to sao paolo

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
if you speak to buns nicely he'll ramraid the shop of your choice with a 40 ton arctic

fatkid2000

• junky
having investigated the already discussed wilier cento uno super record, i had a look at the replacement cost of some of the components...

so, on the basis that i really do quite fancy one, can anyone lend me any of the following:

From what I can remember the Cento UNo with Record - Is abiout £5.3K but that must be about to sky rocket with the shit exchange rate at the moment. Add in some lightweight wheels or Tune hubbed wheels & you've got yourself something awesome IMO.

Duma

• forum hero
She's not really distracting me from climbing to be honest at the moment, but she sure is tasty...

The one that is distracting me from climbing is a lot more practical, a lot less garish, but no less tasty to me - but I haven't got any decent pics of the Principia yet.

chappers

• forum hero

sorry.

seriously your bike is very nice.

chappers

• forum hero

bikes in general tend to distract me from climbing of late, i have another one in the pipe line - a terry dolan built 531 steel track frame. but that will take me a LONG time to build, nitto stem, bars on their way to me in the post.

Duma

• forum hero
Cheers chappers, I haven't had the nemo before, but if its good enough for Theo Bos... Have fun building the Dolan, I've enjoyed the researching, sourcing, and building of my bikes at least as much as riding them (is this wrong? I suspect so).

I assume you know this already, but hubjub are the people to go to for your sort of thing. I particularly recommend the Jethro Tule as a completely frivolous purchase for track fetishists (speaking of track fetishes, here's something dead tasty that distracts me from climbing...

the Bridgestone Anchor is pretty fine too.

chappers

• forum hero
i agree, building bikes is as much fun as riding them - almost!

hubjub are ace, been a customer for a while now, will is a great source of knowledge on all things fix.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
loving the colours on the koga duma, a little more tension on the chain wouldn't go amiss tho..

Duma

• forum hero
yeah - those pics are from the day I finished putting her together - been tweaked a bit now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal