UKBouldering.com

Dead Tasty Bikes Which Distract You From Climbing (Read 18486 times)

Yossarian

• forum hero

just about finished for a sunday at chicksands.

i gave up on the nicolai idea when i looked at my bank balance. 

please excuse the dirty rear tyre.

it's not quite finished.  i think a slightly longer stem is required. a nice gold hope job to match the headset.

and some of those nice easton carbon dh bars....

mmm

Yossarian

• forum hero
hoses a bit long as well, but i'm not taking my nice new brakes apart already.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
tidy.  the 'Doc will love those white hoses  :bounce:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Nice hardtail :)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
now...

that's a sweet bike mate  8)

Munkii

• stalker
i love the pedals. :great:

Yossarian

• forum hero
So come on then. I've shown you mine, now you show me yours...

Thinking about another new bike.  I quite like the idea of replacing the Whyte 46 with an E-120 Team. (I should be able to get a great deal, as I know the ATB Sales guys.)

Actually, in some ways I prefer the idea of something heavier duty (Intense Tracer VP maybe), but it is quite fun being able to cane it uphill from time to time. And I have 2x hardcore bikes already.

I was even thinking about the Whyte 19 Race.  Might look a bit silly with flat pedals on it though...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

Thinking about another new bike.  I quite like the idea of replacing the Whyte 46 with an E-120 Team. (I should be able to get a great deal, as I know the ATB Sales guys.)

Actually, in some ways I prefer the idea of something heavier duty (Intense Tracer VP maybe), but it is quite fun being able to cane it uphill from time to time. And I have 2x hardcore bikes already.

I was even thinking about the Whyte 19 Race.  Might look a bit silly with flat pedals on it though...

my XC bike is currently *cough* having some bling bolted on it. She's called mistress [ gets more attention and cash than the wife  ::) ]

i'm having a problem with what I was always in the understanding that post mount in forks is a universal standard... aparently not... magura post mount fitting brakes dont fit on a Fox... i feel a chat with Hope coming on  :-\

Yossarian

• forum hero
Does this Mistress answer to the name of Marin?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
yep!

But it's not just any Marin, it's Fatdoc's blinged to the max Marin!

I'll get some pics soon

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
I need some current piccies of my steed, which might not be that impressive since it is generally considered to be buggered at the moment.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

my XC bike is currently *cough* having some bling bolted on it. She's called mistress [ gets more attention and cash than the wife  ::) ]

i'm having a problem with what I was always in the understanding that post mount in forks is a universal standard... aparently not... magura post mount fitting brakes dont fit on a Fox... i feel a chat with Hope coming on  :-\

some widget in the post to LBS from Hope.

Sometimes the incompatibility of bike parts really does my head in.. I mean why on god's earth can there be a standard for a post mount on a fork !!!  >:(

Should be getting my baby back soon

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Sometimes the incompatibility of bike parts really does my head in.. I mean why on god's earth can there be a standard for a post mount on a fork !!!  >:(

Bit like saying why can't we all just speak Esperanto, or all drive on the right hand side. Is annoying though, but is almost universal constant.

Yossarian

• forum hero
It was the same deal with the "international standard" chain guide mounts. The ones on my Felt were about 20 degrees out...

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
This should probably go under the heading of "Once dead tasty bikes which now still work but are scratched and battered".  Taken last night on Win Hill (ish).

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Sweet NS! I've always wanted a 5.

Somwhere, i've got a great picture of an orange 5 painted up using the mobile phone company of the same name's livery. It has "the future's bright..." on the chainstay. Made me smile.

Yossarian

• forum hero
Very nice.

I had an Orange obsession for quite a while. Never got around to buying one though.

Friend of mine has been investing heavily of late. Bought that ex-Steve Peat wasp painted one. And another more freeridey 224.

Who has the Turner? Is that FBSF?

cofe

• forum hero
pretty sure it's fbsf avec le turner.

quite like the look of the 09 hemlock. no idea how it rides. but this one is white, so who cares:

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
I quite like the look of those Hemlocks too. Still, a few months ago Fatdoc actually talked me out of spending any money on a new bike (a first I know). So for now I'll stick with what I've got to distract me from climbing. Both a good few years old now, but seem to be more than good enough for me.

And

fatkid2000

• junky
Shimano on a Italian frame - that's very wrong.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Never mind that look at the spikey saddle  :o

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber

It's like crossing the streams on a proton pack.

here's my road bike just after it was built. I'll try and get a better photo soon.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio

My apologies  :spank: - I bought the bike secondhand and thats how it came. Seems to work OK so I think I'll leave it how it is.

Never mind that look at the spikey saddle  :o

Strangely comfortable, works for me, arse wasn't even sore after the Fred Whitton. :shrug:

webbo

• forum hero
no you need the japanease influence.you've only got to think of what the italians get up to if their left to do it on there own.
lamborghinis look great, will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 secs but will probably only do it once before something breaks or falls off.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
no you need the japanease influence.you've only got to think of what the italians get up to if their left to do it on there own.
lamborghinis look great, will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 secs but will probably only do it once before something breaks or falls off.

Ahh, but shimano wears out, campag wears in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal