UKBouldering.com

John Paul and the Vatican 7, Pen Trywn - 7c? (Read 2121 times)

Kingy

• forum hero
John Paul and the Vatican 7, Pen Trywn - 7c?
November 18, 2008, 11:24:08 pm
Got on this today and reckon something may have bust off the top bulge as it was flippin desparate. The bottom roof was great but the top bit was really thin with no good footholds. It appeared to be not much different from the 8a to its left or possibly even harder! Anyone done this recently and found it hard or was I just missing something?

Doylo

• forum hero
It is a hard 7c, i think you were just missing something Ted. Good effort on Rodney God, did you look at Rock Lobster, very spice for 8a, at least a grade harder than Rodney.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
That top bit is gnarly, shame as the bottom half is great. I guess it gets F7c because you've got a decent rest in the middle. I was on it about 18 months ago - I suppose something could have snapped off more recently?  :shrug:

Kingy

• forum hero
Cheers guys yes maybe I was expecting a bit of a romp after the bottom bulge and was shocked at the difficulty of the top bit. I don't think anything has come off the top, its just a bit unobvious on very thin sidepulls. I suppose its a route of two halves with the no hands rest, I'll give it another look next time.

Rodney is a great 8a, nice and sustained. the holds on the lower bulge are crumbling a bit, it might be a candidate for a subtle peak-style glue job? Rock lobster looks like a cool line, possibly a step up from Rodney, looks very thin up there!! ??? The 7a would be a nice warm up if it was rebolted, I shat it and backed off looking at the old bolts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal