UKBouldering.com

Crucifixion - Bridestones (Read 3703 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 16, 2008, 07:42:39 pm
What an excellent problem this is! Had a few goes and reached the large footless sloper after the eponymous move. What next? Heels or something? Go straight up or further left?

Didn't get many goes on this, but I'd like to go back sometime, hopefully with good finishing beta...

Tommy G

• regular
#1 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 16, 2008, 10:29:50 pm
Mate of mine had a really good bash at this a couple of weeks ago only to be thwarted by a sopping wet hold at the end of the traverse.

His sequence was to span out with his left to the sloper, then to kind of press with his left shoulder releasing his right hand so we could match.
This looked pretty burly on the old shoulder but worked well for him.

He then got his heel up and shuffled along the break with his right heel up in the break.
From here a few long reaches will result in good holds on in Ryans case a nasty trip to the floor.

r-man

• forum hero
#2 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 16, 2008, 10:41:49 pm
Yeah, did the press move fine. It was on the next big jug I got baffled. Perhaps I should have stuck my heel up sooner and shuffled like you say, rather than dangling until I got pumped. You seem to be implying the last few moves should be easy if dry. If so...Doh!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 09:52:58 am
I don't remember a sequence as such, just get stuck in, scrabble upwards and don't let go.

andy popp

• forum hero
#4 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 10:07:26 am
Has anyone tried the very slight scoop above the start of this? I remember seeing one photo which made it look really obvious - I guess of the way the light was falling or something. Is it holdless?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 10:14:00 am
I think I remember someone saying you put a knee on for the next move

nik at work

• forum hero
#6 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 11:24:02 am
There are some small holds Andy. It would be hard I think but definitely possible.

chris

• menacing presence
#7 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 11:38:05 am
when you get matched on the large sloper, go left agian to another rounded hold and match then paste right foot on the lower arete under the roof and lurge upwards for an obvious jug - or hit the slopy bit below it and go again, if memory serves me well this is slightly out left too. The difficulty lies in the way you have to jump/pull up round the bulge. Beware the fall of this move as the ground falls away quite a bit. I have also done it by putting my right heel up on the rail and again, lurching up and out left. the top bit is piss.
awesome problem!

T_B

• forum hero
#8 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 12:39:32 pm
What an excellent problem this is! Had a few goes and reached the large footless sloper after the eponymous move. What next? Heels or something?

I seem to remember the key was putting your right heel up (or maybe toe/side of foot), which allowed you to roll and reach up with your right hand for a good hold.

r-man

• forum hero
#9 Re: Crucifixion - Bridestones
November 17, 2008, 01:21:35 pm
Thanks all. Sounds like I just was being particularly inept. Next time...

Glad others have eyed that groove as well. I was roundly ridiculed for suggesting it looked possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal