places to visit > uk and eire

Goldsborough Carr

<< < (10/11) > >>

Paul B:

--- Quote from: Steve Crowe on February 22, 2024, 07:17:49 pm ---I do remember that Ian was climbing well at the time.

--- End quote ---

Can we just put this in context; Ian came painfully close to climbing Cypher at Slipstones prior to Moon's ascent and I can tell you he wouldn't have been doing some futuristic leg flick. Ben did it when Ian was away in Joshua Tree and he subsequently lost interest.

remus:

--- Quote from: webbo on February 22, 2024, 09:11:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: remus on February 22, 2024, 09:08:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: Steve Crowe on February 22, 2024, 07:50:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: Steve Crowe on February 22, 2024, 07:17:49 pm ---If I remember correctly Ian didn't grade it, I tried it and couldn't climb it so I gave it V6 (6c). I do remember that Ian was climbing well at the time.

--- End quote ---

... and Ian didn't give it a name either.

--- End quote ---

I'd assumed it was named after his daughter?

--- End quote ---
What Ian’s Arête. :-\

--- End quote ---

Did seem odd that he named his daughter after himself 😉

(serious mode: whoops, thought we were still talking about Beth's Traverse)

Tom de Gay:

--- Quote from: spidermonkey09 on February 22, 2024, 05:50:05 pm ---Has anyone tried/done Ians Arete there, the 7A? I thought that was absolutely nails as well. Felt closer to Beths!

--- End quote ---
Add me to the list of failed suitors. Spent a good while nervously scrittling around before conceding that I hadn't a clue how to do it. For comparison, Layby Arete took me two goes.

spidermonkey09:
I think a comprehensive descrittling off a rope, then trying it in good conditions would probably do the job. Clearly not 7A though. 7Bish probably nearer the mark.

Johnny Brown:

--- Quote from: Tom de Gay on February 23, 2024, 09:14:40 am ---For comparison, Layby Arete took me two goes.

--- End quote ---

Woah! Did you have beta?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version