the shizzle > chuffing

Gritlist

<< < (2/30) > >>

nik at work:
Sticking with the egomania of self-promotion:

Cold School Closure E5 6c - Rivelin Quarries
Desperate thin slab moves give a boulder problem start. Above is protected and easier, a commiting feeling balancy move top a big hold then relative romp to the top. The start can be by-passed with a running jump, but that's not climbing is it? Probably safe but hard category, flashing the start would be a good effort. But not sustained.

Michael Knight Wears A Chest Wig E7 6c - Wimberry
Solo, fairly low crux which is a big rockover. But the landing isn't great although a tied down spotter/mat combo would probably help. Move out to the arete and finish up the right side of this. Relatively easy climbing but feels fairly commiting and "out there". Can also finish up the wall at a similar standard. Safeish crux (with spotter/mat) but bold above.

That's My Lot
Balancy sequence up right side of arete until crux move to obvious arete hold. Hold the swing and romp up the left side to the top. Awful treestump landing, but not high. Lots of mats and spotters (and a bit of stump removal) could make this into a highball boulder problem.

Sorry no sport grades as I don't know how they work. I'll come back with some more in a bit.

Also agree with SA Chris.

Bonjoy:
Good stuff. what's the gear in CSC?

nik at work:
I'm pretty sure there's a peg which would protect the balancy move, and probably some other stuff near the top. Unfortunately I soloed it so the gear aspect was never fully explored, sorry.

Oli:
Is CSC the thing to the right of Flex or am I imagining things?

Edit: Ignore that I've looked it up now, and its clearly not what i thought it was.

nik at work:
Don't Slip Now E5 6a? - Curbar
The worst landing ever, if you stuff this one up it's going to hurt a lot. Only one move though, and it's a fairly easy move at that. The rest of it is a romp. Easier climbing than the slabs just accross the way at Froggatt but worse landing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version