the shizzle > chuffing

Gritlist

<< < (30/30)

dunnyg:
Shirley this could sit somewhere on the ukb wiki?

Steve R:

--- Quote from: mark20 on October 31, 2021, 09:11:32 pm ---It's way more than a list

--- End quote ---
Ha, agreed.  Good to hear it's at least backed up safely - original version was pretty formative and inspiring for me.  Really liked John Read's historical anecdotes and writing style on it though I still have no idea what a rock n roller is/was.  Can't remember exactly why but seem to remember the 'new' version was inferior to the original somehow.  Lay-out/formatting maybe?  Anyway would be good to see something new emerge and would be happy to help where pos.  Also probably still sufficiently unenlightened to feel that little thrill of possibility when you see a big E grade classic assigned a relatively paltry french grade.... 

Fiend:
It's more than just a list....it's a way of life.

I'm pretty sure a rock'n'roller is a sliding nut like a ballnut, but with a retractable small rolling cylinder instead of the ballnut's rounded disk.

Good luck with sorting out the mess of grades and ascent styles with the ubiquity of send train bellend party mat stacks beneath everything, M20   :lol: :lol: :lol:

mark20:
The geocities original is still available to view here http://www.geocities.ws/readza1/climbing/gritlist/grit_e7.html
Split into various categories "safe but hard" "bold and sustained" etc
The wiki replacement was and alphabetical list but with a 1-5 safety rating for each route

Jon Read has just emailed me a work-in-progress version using google drives, with embedded sheets that have editable rights. Looks like it could be a go-er.

There must be loads of people with useful stuff to contribute if/once we get it going again  :thumbsup:

Steve R:

--- Quote from: mark20 on October 31, 2021, 10:52:18 pm ---The geocities original...
Split into various categories "safe but hard" "bold and sustained" etc
The wiki replacement was and alphabetical list but with a 1-5 safety rating for each route

--- End quote ---
Ah yeah, that's it. Possibly entirely subjective but that change felt like what might've been gained in utility was lost in charm/magic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version