Da News (Read 1533778 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3300 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:18:00 pm
:popcorn:

:popcorn: Indeed. This just gets more and more sordid as lie is used to cover lie and further truths are revealed.

And has nobody subjected the Met’s original involvement / investigation into all this to any form of critical analysis yet?

tomtom

• forum hero
#3301 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:18:37 pm
Just in case anyone has missed the single most important news story this morning!

http://istyosty.com/b/?u=Oi8vZGFpbHltYWlsLmNvLnVr&b=0&f=norefer

Sorry - you are SO wrong...

THIS is the bizzle shizzle:

http://istyosty.com/tmp/cache/c304885881b07f3348545367a3884ca3c3fe15d8.html

A translation...

Prince William's hand shows he can often be stubborn but has an affectionate and loving nature

1 SQUARE PALM
Men with square palms like structure in their lives.

2 STRONG THUMB
Indicates a man with a firm moral code, who knows his own mind.

3 FULL MOUNT OF VENUS
A sign of someone who is loving and passionate.
William is very much his mother’s son and has inherited her affectionate and loving nature. At Eton his generosity was reflected in his affectionate nickname: 'glory hole Windsor'.

4 DROOPING HEAD LINE
The head line drops into the Luna area of the hand, signifying a good imagination. Also a melancholic character.
Despite his cheerful public image, William can be prone to erectile dysfunction.

5 INDEX FINGER SHORTER THAN RING FINGER
Indicates a man struggling to be in control of his ejaculation.
William’ s public ‘face’ successfully masks  an occasional lack  of confidence.

6 MOUNDS
The presence of these show that nature is a calming influence.
William feels very comfortable living on the rural, wild Welsh island of Anglesey with lots of sheep.

7 SMALL GAP BETWEEN HEAD AND HEART LINE
Indicates an intensely private individual.
William is not a screamer.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:25:31 pm by tomtom »

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3302 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:24:35 pm
The Canadian thing made the front-page lead in the print edition…

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3303 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:31:28 pm
I must say a big 'well-done' to Alice and Jasper for there continual good work on this thread. It's becoming a better resource for certain stories than the usual news sites. Even if it's not commented on the work is appreciated.

I get it all off Twitter!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3304 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:34:26 pm
And has nobody subjected the Met’s original involvement / investigation into all this to any form of critical analysis yet?

Lib Dem MP Julian Huppert ( @julianhuppert ) raised this point at PMQs today I think and it's not the first time he's brought it up in parliament.

EDIT - Sorry not at PMQs but during the debate:

http://twitter.com/julianhuppert/status/88598550681894913

http://twitter.com/julianhuppert/status/88599042115903488

Cambridge MP Julian Huppert - NOTW Hacking - Public Confidence in Police

fried

• forum hero
#3305 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:34:42 pm
I must say a big 'well-done' to Alice and Jasper for there continual good work on this thread. It's becoming a better resource for certain stories than the usual news sites. Even if it's not commented on the work is appreciated.

I assumed you were on the wire.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3306 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:37:40 pm

& I get it all off him!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3307 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:39:09 pm
 :lol:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3308 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:42:23 pm
Though we are more

than

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
#3309 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:45:10 pm

That will be the last time my tongue will be anywhere unseemly.

Thanks also to other contributors.

:agree: it's been one hell of a day and the linked stuff has all been good reading (well not good, fucking awful really but interesting!)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3310 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:49:09 pm
& I've heard via the grapevine (i.e. the interweb) that Lloyd's Bank have also pulled advertising in NotW - can't verify it though, and like Ford, don't think it applies to the rest of News International.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3311 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:49:48 pm

tomtom

• forum hero
#3312 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:52:31 pm
& I've heard via the grapevine (i.e. the interweb) that Lloyd's Bank have also pulled advertising in NotW - can't verify it though, and like Ford, don't think it applies to the rest of News International.

While its good that they're all pulling out - Its a shame that the ££££ influence will probably have the greater effect than any sort of moral reason. Sorry, I forgot we lived in a capitalist society...

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3313 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 05:53:32 pm
Google. The work of moments.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/27666d16-a7ce-11e0-a312-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1RLQkDCaR

Still. It's an ill wind, eh?

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/27666d16-a7ce-11e0-a312-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1RLR4UtHu

Trinity Mirror, which publishes the Daily Mirror, saw its shares jump almost 10 per cent on Wednesday.

(Would that be the self-same Trinity Mirror the Attorney General was laying into yesterday?)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3314 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 06:00:13 pm

While its good that they're all pulling out - Its a shame that the ££££ influence will probably have the greater effect than any sort of moral reason. Sorry, I forgot we lived in a capitalist society...

People not buying it will have the same effect - they're more likely to adopt a moral (moralistic?*) attitude, and if people are simply not buying the thing, the advertisers will pull up sticks anyway.

The question I've got now though is should I buy the NotW  on Sunday, so I can then join in the boycott thereafter?
 :-\

* as it's not stopped its subscribers buying it in the first place.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#3315 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 08:41:23 pm

Watch after 6 minutes if you want to see how to boycott.
News International have form.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:47:24 pm by mrjonathanr »

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3316 Re: Da News
July 06, 2011, 10:24:08 pm
I live in Sheffield.

You know. Where we "know" "drunk" Liverpool fans "caused" the disaster.

(Not restricted just to Wendies, sadly. There's a goodly constituency of Blunts who've swallowed the Spiel fromm Kelvin McKenzie)

Whereas I tended to believe the evidence provided by the First/Interim Taylor Report.

You  know. The one which reported on the causes, rather than the second - the one which outlined the recommendations.)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3318 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 07:47:15 am
This part of story hasn't caught the public's interest as much as hacking the phones of dead kids and servicemen's families (of course) but is actually more damning.

These scumbags are involved in intimidation, perverting the course of justice and probably murder and it definitely goes right to the top.

Scotland Yard chose not to mount a formal inquiry. Instead a senior press officer contacted Brooks to ask for an explanation. She is understood to have told them they were investigating a report that Cook was having an affair with another officer, Jacqui Hames, the presenter of BBC Crimewatch. Yard sources say they rejected this explanation, because Cook had been married to Hames for some years; the couple had two children, then aged two and five; and they had previously appeared together as a married couple in published stories."The story was complete rubbish," according to one source.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/06/news-of-the-world-rebekah-brooks

Fucking filth.  :chair:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#3319 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 08:03:18 am
This article would suggest that it is not just the NOTW who should be copping a bit of well deserved flak over this.

Quote from: above article
Daily/Sunday Mail had paid for 1,218 investigations to be undertaken by private investigators on behalf of up to 91 different journalists. The Daily/Sunday Mirror ordered 824 investigations on behalf of up to 70 journalists. The Sunday People ordered 802 investigations involving up to 50 journalists, and the News of the World (the paper of current interest) had ordered 228 transactions of up to 33 journalists.

There is a fair bit more than that in the above as well. Worth a click IMO.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3320 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 08:19:38 am
Interesting.

Yeah it's certainly not just the NOTW who have been doing this. As mentioned in the Hugh Grant article, the insider said it was the Fail who used to be the worst offenders but who cleaned up their act somewhat.

More from Oborne on the subject in this:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/7075673/what-the-papers-wont-say.thtml

Thing is, despite also being scummy fuckers, nobody else has the power and influence over government as NI. Hopefully this will be a case of the bigger they are....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3321 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 08:26:57 am
There's some good shit on the Spectator site:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/7075913/camerons-coulson-problems-may-be-getting-bigger.thtml

Loving some of the playground comments from Tories there "this happened when Labour were in power so it's their fault". WTF?! The point is that Coulson was EMPLOYED by Cameron AFTER he knew about all this for fuck's sake you thick wankers. If that's the best argument you have I'd suggest not making a fool of yourself by writing it on the internet.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3322 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 08:33:20 am
Think I might have mentioned this before but BORIS JOHNSON IS A CUNT:

http://torytroll.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-boris-johnson-really-thinks-about.html

Right, I've got to do some work.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3323 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 09:00:04 am
So when are you canceling your Sky subscription Jasper?  :tease:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3324 Re: Da News
July 07, 2011, 09:06:24 am
If you'd not noticed, BSkyB is not yet fully owned by NI.  :P

I'm monitoring the situation and will take whatever action I consider appropriate as events become more clear.......or something. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal