UKBouldering.com

Matador lace vs. katana lace (Read 2292 times)

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
Matador lace vs. katana lace
December 29, 2011, 02:36:10 pm
Would anybody happen to have experience with either of the two? I like shoes that are downturned and edge well, and fancy a change from the umpteenth pair of solutions. The main use will be ceuse trip in the summer for 7s and maybe the odd 8 if I'm lucky!   :strongbench:

People seem to be divided about the matadors - they're either the coolest thing ever or they're total shit that ruin your footwork and skid randomly off bucket jugs with the slightest change in foot position. I have no idea about the katanas!

Thanks UKB!  :2thumbsup:

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Matador lace vs. katana lace
December 29, 2011, 05:55:14 pm
*not trying to diss. I think they look cool as hell!  :2thumbsup:

SamD

• regular
#2 Re: Matador lace vs. katana lace
December 29, 2011, 07:52:28 pm
Having tried both and being the current owner of matador laces i would recommend the katanas. The matador laces i would describe as a dragon shaped toe box without the sensitivity combined with the heel of an entry level comfort shoe (i.e. no aggression). The rubber also behaves very inconsistently on the matadors. I find them to deform too easily in warm temperatures, hardly confidence inspiring. The katana laces however are a great shoe. Not quite as down-turned as the solutions you are used to though. More of an edging boot with a bit of downturn.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Matador lace vs. katana lace
December 29, 2011, 08:48:45 pm
Cheers dude! I'd just get another pair of solutions but I think it's good to mix it up, and a severe downturn isn't as important as a good shoe really. Shame, the matadors looked like they had potential to be the absolute tits!

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#4 Re: Matador lace vs. katana lace
December 29, 2011, 11:25:57 pm
It'd be worth trying on the Muira VS too. Halfway between a Solution, and a Katana Lace. I prefer the feel of the VS.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal