UKBouldering.com

Help - inside accomodation near Masham?? (Read 2129 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Help - inside accomodation near Masham??
November 20, 2008, 06:15:05 pm
Duncan Disorderly, whom some of you may recognise from hanging off the 5th bolt of Body Machine, has come with the cunning plan of a boys own climbing weekend in North Yorkshire, involving Brimham on the Saturday, beer and camping at Masham Saturday night, and Slipstones on the Sunday.

The only slight spanner in the works being it's forecast to be -2'c on Saturday night and then sleet and snow on Sunday (oh and a bit of wind too). And out of the posse going I don't know of any of them whom regular camp out in summer let alone in winter.

None of which would be much of a problem except he's invited me...

Thus I need a cunninger plan which involves some kind person from UKB telling me of a bunkhouse / hostel / similar accomadation in the Masham area that will accept 6-8 punters so that if his continued attempts into guilt-tripping into staying over Saturday night actually work, we all might be able to spend the night in the warm and dry and not spend Sunday morning trying to defrost enough limbs so we can wrestle tents down in a howling sleet storm...

Doesn't have to be right next door to Masham's finest beer dispensaries as no doubt I will be the designated driver as usual, but I expect it does have to be reasonably cheap to appeal to the posse.

Thanks in advance.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Help - inside accomodation near Masham??
November 21, 2008, 12:02:52 pm
Have only ever B&Bed it there (or slept in the car in the Black Sheep Brewery car park, but that's another story).

Have you tried Sypeland Frank for ideas?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: Help - inside accomodation near Masham??
November 21, 2008, 12:46:32 pm
You think he'd put us all up?? ;)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#3 Re: Help - inside accomodation near Masham??
November 21, 2008, 02:00:26 pm
And out of the posse going I don't know of any of them whom regular camp out in summer let alone in winter.
Dave, Tom, Tim, Jus, Martin, Rob - Me before I became a parent. Many have also done font in winter with only pads, bivy bags and a bottle or 2 of Pastise.
None of which would be much of a problem except he's invited me...

You can be uninvited if you like.... :P

Just gotta man up yoof! - bit of cold never hurt anyone  :o Who needs fucking toes!!! :pissed:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal