#51 Re: Pebble Wall
September 02, 2009, 07:05:20 pm
Oddly enough, yes! Slightly shorter right leg than before  :-\

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#52 Re: Pebble Wall
September 02, 2009, 08:42:14 pm
Pebble Wall is a cvnt at 6c+ or V5, I can remember getting it abosultely fucking static, utterly nailing it and then not being able to repeat it for a picture.  The same goes from Dreamland or what ever that thing just over the wall is.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#53 Re: Pebble Wall
September 02, 2009, 09:17:26 pm
Slightly harder than Strawberries, assuming you've got the skills and grace.

Sloper

• forum hero
#54 Re: Pebble Wall
September 02, 2009, 09:29:30 pm
Don't be silly, even Tractor Boy got close to doing strawberries.

PaulyDB

• player
#55 Re: Pebble Wall
September 20, 2009, 11:51:55 pm
I was bouldering up at Almscliff with my partner last week, it was our first trip there and we won't be going back in the future.
we encountered a large group of top ropers who seemed to follow us everywhere we went once we had said hello to them and walked past.
in an attempt to get away from them we went to try some of the problems in the demon roof area only to be followed there too. we were sat near buy when one of the guys approached us and asked if we would mind if they set up several top ropes right next to us.
by this time we were pretty pissed off and decided it was time to leave and go elsewhere.
the same thing happened the day before at earl crag, I can't remember the area we were in, a group just came walking past us to the bottom of the crag. without warning or even saying hello or even acknowledging that we were there, a woman walked right past us and started to set up a belay for a top rope which I thought was so rude. she didn't even ask if it was ok with us.

I am just wondering why groups do this, they seem to pick the part of the crag where all the best or hardest climbs are. the groups at the roaches do the same, they always go for the area near obsession fatale and piece of mind, is this so the instructors can look at such routes and dream of climbing them or am I missing something?

not only that but why do groups and other climbers, when they have the entire crag to climb on, insist on coming along and dumping their things down and climbing in the 10 feet right next to you without even saying hello or at least asking if you would mind them being there.
if I wanted to have someone climbing right at the side of me all day I would pay to go to an indoor wall.
some people really are like sheep, the see an empty crag and instead of going somewhere where no one else is they look to see if anyone is there and decide to climb right next to them.
it really does piss me off.

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#56 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 01:25:09 am
You could have always tried bouldering on the boulders... not much space for top ropes there

PaulyDB

• player
#57 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 02:00:58 am
do you actually know where demon roof is? it's not on a boulder, it's at the base of a nice big wall of grit stone with trad routes either side of it.
hence the reason the group I encountered were wanting to set top ropes up there.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#58 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 07:48:22 am
I was bouldering up at Almscliff with my partner last week, it was our first trip there and we won't be going back in the future.
we encountered a large group of top ropers who seemed to follow us everywhere we went once we had said hello to them and walked past.
in an attempt to get away from them we went to try some of the problems in the demon roof area only to be followed there too. we were sat near buy when one of the guys approached us and asked if we would mind if they set up several top ropes right next to us.
by this time we were pretty pissed off and decided it was time to leave and go elsewhere.
the same thing happened the day before at earl crag, I can't remember the area we were in, a group just came walking past us to the bottom of the crag. without warning or even saying hello or even acknowledging that we were there, a woman walked right past us and started to set up a belay for a top rope which I thought was so rude. she didn't even ask if it was ok with us.

I am just wondering why groups do this, they seem to pick the part of the crag where all the best or hardest climbs are. the groups at the roaches do the same, they always go for the area near obsession fatale and piece of mind, is this so the instructors can look at such routes and dream of climbing them or am I missing something?

not only that but why do groups and other climbers, when they have the entire crag to climb on, insist on coming along and dumping their things down and climbing in the 10 feet right next to you without even saying hello or at least asking if you would mind them being there.
if I wanted to have someone climbing right at the side of me all day I would pay to go to an indoor wall.
some people really are like sheep, the see an empty crag and instead of going somewhere where no one else is they look to see if anyone is there and decide to climb right next to them.
it really does piss me off.

Maybe if you'd tried selling them some things you might have either....

a) made some friends.

or

b) cleared them off and then had the place to yourself.

Sloper

• forum hero
#59 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 07:56:46 am
But the P&P on the virgin boulder is going to be a bitch.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#60 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 07:59:38 am
Why is this posted in a thread about pebble wall?

I reckon the group who followed you were attracted by your magnetic personality, and the fact you seem to be a joyous ray of sunshine :)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#61 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 09:39:09 am
The crag doesn't belong to you. People were climbing next door to you because they wanted to climb the route next to you. Most other people have personalities and aren't utter beep! so don't find other human presence nearby to be such a hardship.

If you didn't want to see any other climbers or top ropers or outdoor groups then why the hell did you go to Almscliff and the Roaches?

Go away and stop disgracing this thread about an awesome problem you beep! beep! beep!

[mod]personal abuse[/mod]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:54:33 am by Bubba »

tomtom

• forum hero
#62 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 09:56:03 am
Paul,
If you want to discuss top ropers following you around the crag (which is a slightly unusual but fair enough topic) then just start a new thread  :shrug: this one is clearly about pebble wall.
FWIW, I boulder loads at the cliff and have never had any problems - Anyway, any more discussion on the matter really should be on another thread.
Tom

andy_e

• forum hero
#63 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 10:10:56 am
I might set up a top-rope on Pebble Wall and work the bastard to death so I can do it and never do it again!

Stubbs

#64 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 10:27:09 am
You've not done Pebble Wall Andi? And you were in Leeds for 3 years?  ohhhh dear.....

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#65 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 10:35:31 am
do you actually know where demon roof is? it's not on a boulder, it's at the base of a nice big wall of grit stone with trad routes either side of it.

Yeah, I'd be suprised if CF has ever been to the cliff.  ::)

SA Chris

• forum hero
#66 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 11:10:45 am
I think he used to live at the 'cliff.

andy_e

• forum hero
#67 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 11:31:16 am
You've not done Pebble Wall Andi? And you were in Leeds for 3 years?  ohhhh dear.....

Yeah yeah yeah whatever. This winter, I promise.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#68 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 11:50:25 am
Its just a knack move. As soon as you do it once, it'll be on the circuit forever.

PaulyDB

• player
#69 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 01:28:58 pm
try to keep the gloves up Will.

as for my thread being in the wrong place I don't think it is.
pebble wall is at Almscliff and I was talking about climbing at Almscliff so where is the problem?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#70 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 01:56:09 pm
If the thread was about Almcliff you could talk about Pebble Wall, however the corollary does not apply.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#71 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 01:57:17 pm
try to keep the gloves up Will.

as for my thread being in the wrong place I don't think it is.
pebble wall is at Almscliff and I was talking about climbing at Almscliff so where is the problem?

The problem is that this topic is about Pebble Wall - see the title? It says "Pebble Wall". It's not a general topic about top-ropers or about Almscliff.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#72 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 02:01:02 pm
Please go back to school and tell them you weren't ready to leave and ask them to have you back.

:wall: :wank:

PaulyDB

• player
#73 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 02:08:38 pm
see what happens when I try to join in and contribute to the conversation in the forums?
I still get abuse all round so whats the point.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#74 Re: Pebble Wall
September 21, 2009, 02:13:44 pm
For what its worth I think you are purposefully trolling. Try using your brain before posting and maybe you'll come up with some decent opinions. I'm leaving this now, your posts are tiring.

Oh go on, one more. Are you the guy who posted about his girlfriend's belaying on UKC a while back?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal