UKBouldering.com

Weight Vest for training (Read 17337 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: Weight Vest for training
October 16, 2008, 09:15:39 am
"How to lose stomach fat" chirp the google ads at the bottom of the screen.........

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#26 Re: Weight Vest for training
October 16, 2008, 04:08:47 pm
"Lose up to a pound per day." I did that when i got in from work, took about 5 minutes and 2 chapters of 'crossfire' by McNab

Paul B

• forum hero
#27 Re: Weight Vest for training
October 16, 2008, 04:22:31 pm
"How to lose stomach fat" chirp the google ads at the bottom of the screen.........

adverts like that REALLY irritate me.

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#28 Re: Weight Vest for training
October 19, 2008, 05:08:20 pm

What you doing exercise wise on the campus board with the belt? ie sets, routine, duration...?

I generally don't do anything too ballistic (i.e. nothing 2 handed). Working on 1-4-7 for example, I'll do 1-3-6 with 4 kg attached. I don't tend to have a specific campus routine, but rather have goals that I set for each session. I find that after warming up, doing a few things with the weight belt like touches (both hands on 1, pull up and touch 4 with one hand and back down to 1, swap hands and repeat), or just plain old 1-3-5-7. Good for recruitment I think. Doing 1-4-7 on bigger rungs (with weight belt) seems a good way to get the shoulders and arms going - I try to be dynamic on the big rungs, rather than just trying to lock it.

Just experiment and gradually increase what you do.

What size rungs are you using? just been doing touches and some one-foot-on 1-6's with both hands on medium sized rungs. Fingers have survived so far

mian0503

#29 Re: Weight Vest for training
February 12, 2009, 08:56:01 am
I have heard that former eastern bloc climbers are using weight vest reguarly in their climbing..Spanish climbing coach David Macia is talking about weights between 3-5% of your body weight. Gives extra load, but not enough load that canīt do difficult(strange) moves...

Thoughts??

Mikael

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal