UKBouldering.com

Font Weather (Read 8368 times)

chriss

• obsessive maniac
Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 12:26:10 pm
Alright boys & girls, i should be off to Font this Friday but the weather looks shit, is anyone in Font at the moment or have mates out there that can give me a ground report or half accurate weather forcast. Cheers in advance.

Dr T

• forum hero
#1 Re: Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 12:30:40 pm
Stuck in damp Surrey as of now but this site seems as good as any

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 01:02:02 pm
neilh may be able to help out on Font weather reports.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#3 Re: Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 06:11:07 pm
right then, weather is crap, but on a good note, it is getting better, yesturday it rained bad but there was still dry rock, we got out today but a little damp, there is a big high pressure coming over tomorow, and the temps are set to get hot again. it was 25 today, so dont worry the weekend will be tops,

and if it aint dont forget maisonbleau woody is always dry  :P

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 10:05:17 pm
cheers neil, do you know how long the dry weather will stay?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Font Weather
October 07, 2008, 10:44:38 pm

as long as a piece of string  :shrug:

philo

• forum hero
#6 Re: Font Weather
October 08, 2008, 12:39:21 am
and we all know that a piece of string is twice as long as it is from the middle to the end!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#7 Re: Font Weather
October 08, 2008, 07:49:38 am

Mostly CloudyRealFeel®:9 °CTemp: 11 °C
Wednesday, Oct 8More Details/AccuPop™ Cloudy to partly sunny. Winds from the W at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 16 °CHigh: 17 °CWednesday Night, Oct 8More Details/AccuPop™ Cloudy. Winds from the NW at 8 km/h.Realfeel®: 7 °CLow: 7 °CThursday, Oct 9More Details Clearing. Winds from the N at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 17 °CHigh: 17 °CThursday Night, Oct 9More Details Partly cloudy. Winds from the ENE at 6 km/h.Realfeel®: 9 °CLow: 8 °CFriday, Oct 10More Details Partly sunny. Winds from the E at 8 km/h.Realfeel®: 18 °CHigh: 19 °CFriday Night, Oct 10More Details Patchy clouds. Winds from the SE at 8 km/h.Realfeel®: 10 °CLow: 9 °CSaturday, Oct 11More Details Mostly sunny, nice and warm. Winds from the ESE at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 21 °CHigh: 23 °CSaturday Night, Oct 11More Details Mild with increasing clouds. Winds from the SE at 11 km/h.Realfeel®: 13 °CLow: 14 °CSunday, Oct 12More Details Overcast. Winds from the ESE at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 18 °CHigh: 20 °CSunday Night, Oct 12More Details Rain. Winds from the ESE at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 13 °CLow: 13 °C

Warm with rain. Winds from the ESE at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 21 °CHigh: 23 °CMonday Night, Oct 13More Details Mild with periods of rain. Winds from the SE at 8 km/h.Realfeel®: 14 °CLow: 14 °CTuesday, Oct 14More Details Mostly cloudy and warm. Winds from the ESE at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 21 °CHigh: 22 °CTuesday Night, Oct 14More Details Mostly cloudy. Winds from the SE at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 13 °CLow: 12 °CWednesday, Oct 15More Details Mostly cloudy. Winds from the SSE at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 19 °CHigh: 21 °CWednesday Night, Oct 15More Details Mostly cloudy. Winds from the S at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 12 °CLow: 13 °CThursday, Oct 16More Details Clouds breaking at times for some sunshine. Winds from the WSW at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 16 °CHigh: 17 °CThursday Night, Oct 16More Details Partly cloudy. Winds from the WSW at 11 km/h.Realfeel®: 8 °CLow: 10 °CFriday, Oct 17More Details Clouds and intervals of sunshine. Winds from the SW at 12 km/h.Realfeel®: 16 °CHigh: 17 °CFriday Night, Oct 17More Details Mostly cloudy. Winds from the SSW at 9 km/h.Realfeel®: 7 °CLow: 7 °C

is that ok for you  ;D http://www.i-bbz.com/meteo.html

its the best forcast for font, hardly ever wrong

anyway for future reference, check it

Stef

• player
#8 Re: Font Weather
October 08, 2008, 11:05:55 am
You can try that one too, combinated with the Jo BBZ link, t becomes rather reliable. A helicopter driver gave it to me, and we can be sure these guys are in deep need of precision :

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=dspLoop&image=21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-BRIEFING_??

Today is still very humid though the sun is just behind a tiny slice of clouds. I don't think it shall rain again but will be rather hot in the comming days.
Cheers, Stef.

buckley187

#9 Re: Font Weather
October 13, 2008, 10:20:19 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of heading over to font this weekend, well on Wed nite so I can start climbing on Thurs morning til late sunday, I've been checking the weather reports and they all contradict each other!!!

Is there any chance (possibly Neil) if anyone knows an accurate forecast and how it's looking for later this week as I'd hate it to be a wasted trip.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Leo

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#10 Re: Font Weather
October 14, 2008, 08:07:23 am
hi mate

hot hot hot, bring your suntan cream

na really, it hit 30 degree's yesturday, we have some weird shit going on its going to be in the mid 20's all week, then rain coming in for the weekend, then hopefully back to norm next week, sunny intervals and max of 12 degree.

come on down, people were leaving the rocks yesturday because it was just too hot to climb. I just took my boy to school, 8am in font 19 degrees

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#11 Re: Font Weather
October 14, 2008, 11:32:27 am
heh, 22 degrees sunday in chironico...

buckley187

#12 Re: Font Weather
October 14, 2008, 12:51:34 pm
hi mate

hot hot hot, bring your suntan cream

na really, it hit 30 degree's yesturday, we have some weird shit going on its going to be in the mid 20's all week, then rain coming in for the weekend, then hopefully back to norm next week, sunny intervals and max of 12 degree.

come on down, people were leaving the rocks yesturday because it was just too hot to climb. I just took my boy to school, 8am in font 19 degrees

Hi mate,

Cheers for the info. I've been checking through the web this morning and seeing what the situ is, I'm prob going to go ahead and book the ferry tonight, I'll just have to keep praying that the weather stays clear. I've checked on Accuweather, yahoo, bleau.info which all say different? But I'm going to head over and blame you Neil if it rains!!  ;)

Even if I get a couple of days cranking in I'll be happy!

Thanks again and see you in the forest!!!

Leo

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
#13 Re: Font Weather
October 22, 2008, 07:45:16 pm

.....  http://www.i-bbz.com/meteo.html

its the best forcast for font, hardly ever wrong

anyway for future reference, check it

Oh man, I hope you are SO wrong. Out there for the whole of next week, and it aint looking too sweet!   :( :(

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#14 Re: Font Weather
October 22, 2008, 08:12:16 pm
sorry, but it has been so spot on for the as long as i can remeber, but dont look at the long term frocast it changes every day, look just before you leave you will get a better idea then

good luck, are you camping

buckley187

#15 Re: Font Weather
October 22, 2008, 08:25:44 pm
Accuweather is ok if you want the weather the next day!!! That's about it... longterm it's a crap site and I was in font last week it said rain over a couple of days, which ended up being crisp and sunny at the weekend. Metcheck is the best site IMO.

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
#16 Re: Font Weather
October 22, 2008, 09:08:05 pm
Neil, we've got a gite booked in Hericy.

Any top tips for when the weather goes wrong? Local climbing walls etc?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#17 Re: Font Weather
October 22, 2008, 09:14:31 pm
well the wall at arbonne is pretty good,  but varies in times open,

If you were atying at mine, I have a wall, slackline and loads to do on rainy days......

I always think its best to go exploring on rainy days, go check out the crags you would never even have thought about going to, also go check out cafe hamlet in font... Spend some money in the huge climbing shop in paris...

Apart from that not alot, and if anyone tells you to go to calvaire, dont even think about it as it is going to collapse anyday....

thats about it really, if your not into sight seeing then font is pretty boring on rainy days..

Good luck

geezer

#18 Re: Font Weather
October 23, 2008, 12:49:47 pm
Guys why play in them damp old woods when you could do some real climbing in the sun (29 degree) all winter in the algarve,wheres the sun cream im off.
later dude

dave

#19 Re: Font Weather
October 23, 2008, 12:56:02 pm
sounds shit.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#20 Re: Font Weather
October 23, 2008, 02:03:06 pm
Any top tips for when the weather goes wrong?

1. You can get good wine for about four euros a bottle and some stunning stuff for ten euros.

2. Even if it tips it down for ages many crags dry very quickly once it stops so just make use of #1 and don't worry about it.

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#21 Re: Font Weather
October 24, 2008, 06:04:15 pm
Was in Font last week, bit hot for ultimate crushing, but good enough for a 7a punter like me. On our one rainy day we went to Calvare (despite the warnings) for a few hours, we put the fat boys on first and nothing fell down, there was a work team working in the top i assume to stablize it. Think i'd rather risk it there than 29 degree shit in the algarve.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#22 Re: Font Weather
October 24, 2008, 09:43:12 pm
nutter, the work guys are actually digging calvair out so it will collapse safely, because it is one of the biggest walking paths in font they dont want ot to fall on anyone, they keep putting waring tape round it but people just take it down.

My boy goes to school near calvaire so most days I go check on the situation, its a wonder they didnt ask you to leave

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#23 Re: Font Weather
October 24, 2008, 10:56:22 pm
Thanks for the heads up neil, they didnt say a thing!!!!! Oh well i wont shed a tear for the loss of that dirty little cave its not Fonts finest, next time it rains ill come pester you or go for a nice walk, will probably spend 2 euros on wine and get pissed...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal