UKBouldering.com

Bristol (Read 3316 times)

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
Bristol
August 16, 2008, 11:14:45 am
I have recently moved to bristol, 7 weeks ago, and as of yet i can't find any friends. Is there anyone out there who is willing to give a shy, bespectacled man a chance? I mostly climb using a variety of heel hooks/ toe shuffles. I enjoy all rock types, and am willing to travel. I have come back to Sheffield for the wkend for a bbq i saw on facebook, and to try my luck with the opposite sex. Other interests include crosswords and logging mining cores. Please get in touch if you live in the Bristol area, time wasters need not apply

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: Bristol
August 16, 2008, 11:26:36 am
 So it's not true that Bristol is entirely populated by an army of Tim Emmett clones in fleecy jester hats base jumping off lampposts, surfing cars and mad for anything?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: Bristol
August 16, 2008, 11:27:46 am
Oh, I'm going to the Chee Cornice later (will be at crag one-ish) if you're keen.

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 Re: Bristol
August 20, 2008, 03:13:25 pm

Paz

• junky
#4 Re: Bristol
August 21, 2008, 08:03:29 pm
So it's not true that Bristol is entirely populated by an army of Tim Emmett clones in fleecy jester hats base jumping off lampposts, surfing cars and mad for anything?

Up in Clifton maybe, and around the Unis during Fresher's week.  We've got JLC too you know.  And Banksy. 

Somebody's - I've been pretty busy working on my masterwork and non seriously considering righteous vengeance, so I've only just seen this.  I'm probably not much use to you unless you're into trad and sport red pointing, or beer and nachos.  Have you tried down the crag or UCR or new climbing shop?  UCR bouldering wall is usually the social centre of the universe for the city.  But lots of people can also be found at Cheddar and Brean, on bolts, at a guess, though they've found a new bouldering crag in the north of the city.  There were 6 of us (including the aforementioned) at Upper Wall the other day but I swear that's as busy as it's been all year.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5 Re: Bristol
August 22, 2008, 09:19:09 am
There were 6 of us (including the aforementioned) at Upper Wall the other day but I swear that's as busy as it's been all year.

Fucking hell, Justin Lee Collins and Banksy were at Upper Wall. What did they get done?

Paz

• junky
#6 Re: Bristol
August 22, 2008, 01:18:02 pm
 ;D

Arse.  I meant Mr Mad For It.  I've also remembered where another encampment of crusty jugglers lives.  So yes, screw the balloons, national quality mountain biking trails, the weather (is it sunny in sheffield right now?), the new bouldering walls and the underground scene (see what I did there?).  You're right, we're just a city full of fleecey jester hat wearers. 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: Bristol
August 22, 2008, 01:32:50 pm
is it sunny in sheffield right now?

Yep, glorious (for the time being).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal