UKBouldering.com

Lager's new avatar (Read 5225 times)

erm, sam

• forum hero
Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 09:50:10 pm
Being the father of a girl a year or so younger than Maddo, looking at Lager's new avatar makes me feel sick. Just a visceral response I can't do anything about..

Scouse D

• forum hero
#1 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 09:56:57 pm
I agree. Would really appreciate not seeing that.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#2 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 10:02:37 pm
Yeah - I gotta say that it really aint funny at all. I'm all for bad taste, but for me, thats just capers.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#3 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 10:23:57 pm
Just logged on to start a thread about my rather unwise decision to put up the Maddie avatar and to apologise for my shocking lapse of judgement. Bit late really. I tend to struggle with gauging what is funny and what is not and what is downright offensive for other people. I have in this case used a public forum as a bit of an experiment to see how people would react - not thinking about the actual offense that it might cause to real people. Sorry  :-[ I don't always make the link between the on-line world and the people who read and write it. No excuse for being a twat

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#4 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 10:34:09 pm
I can kinda see how it could be funny.  But I don't think it is in the slightest.
Lager- you know this already.
End of subject.

So, back on topic:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 10, 2008, 10:41:39 pm
I had assumed it was not taking the piss out of a little girl's tragic situation, but instead out of the relentless media farce that surrounds / overshadows it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#6 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 08:38:19 am
Fiend is spot on. But it's easy to see why people make the knee jerk "THAT'S FUCKING SICK!" reaction to something like this. As mentioned, it's a public forum.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#7 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 09:57:33 am
I had assumed it was not taking the piss out of a little girl's tragic situation, but instead out of the relentless media farce that surrounds / overshadows it.

That's right.
I was also very angry about the lack of similar support for all the other people in similar and worse situations.
However, I am still gobsmacked that I thought that an avatar was the place for such a thing. It would have been one thing to show the image/clip in a place where people might expect to see something like that; it was quite a different thing to stick it in front of people as they were searching through a forum for very different types of content.
As for those of you who sent me private messages encouraging me to keep the offending item where it was... I don't think that offending people and causing them distress is an acceptable form of entertainment.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 10:17:38 am
What if it had been any random child, perhaps even lager's own if he has kids, mouthing what might be construed as 'Fuck you'?  Would that have illicited the same sentiments?

andy popp

• forum hero
#9 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 10:44:31 am
Don't know about the Maddie one, which I didn't see, but those wobbling boobs are making me feel sick. Its like being at sea.

BenF

• forum hero
#10 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 12:31:36 pm
but those wobbling boobs are making me feel sick.

There seems to be a growing number of avatars that consist of boobs either bouncing or being revealed.  Not complaining but maybe it says something about the predominately male population of this forum...  ...discuss? (If people don't mind leaving the Maddie theme of course)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#11 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 12:45:13 pm

There seems to be a growing number of avatars that consist of boobs either bouncing or being revealed.  Not complaining but maybe it says something about the predominately male population of this forum...  ...discuss? (If people don't mind leaving the Maddie theme of course)

I liked Francis' one as she seemed so delighted to be flashing her boobies.  Lagers and Adams are simply inferior...

(I'd like to meet Yossarians..)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#12 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 01:39:53 pm
I was thinking of changing mine to this.........

.....but after all the fuss about Lagers' I thought it was probably just that bit too offensive.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#13 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 01:51:17 pm
Why has he got a hat with "gat" written on it?  :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#14 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 01:55:05 pm
What are you asking me for?  :shrug:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#15 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 05:03:19 pm
He's keeping it hood. Like dave and cofe.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#16 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 05:28:24 pm
In my search for moral guidance, I emailed the gif in question to The Sun to ask their editors for their opinion on such misguided attempts at humour. Now there is an angry mob (of Sun readers) waiting for me outside my house overturning Renaults and burning Portuguese flags and tapas.

rasheed

• regular
#17 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 11, 2008, 05:39:05 pm
it's shit

sick of the kid, sick of the press, sick of it all

bah!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#18 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 12, 2008, 09:36:04 pm
I was surprised when I saw it and thought "The shit will surely hit the fan" but was not particularly offended. I took it as Maddie saying "Fuck Off" to the media storm that now surrounds her. It seems she has become very much akin to Princess Diana. Stick her somewhere on the front page and some more people might buy it. Poor little mite.

Any budding parents out there, for fucks sake dont leave kids that young alone without a sitter. They checked back every 30 mins. Well thats good isnt it? Some little nonce could have been in and out in 30 mins. Fucks sake. That kid would still be about if her parents had done the right thing.

Apols if the last bit upsets anyone but dammit its true.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#19 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 13, 2008, 05:29:12 pm

The boob avatars make it tricky to use the forum at work which is a shame.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#20 Re: Lager's new avatar
January 13, 2008, 06:21:50 pm

you can turn avatar display off, or use adblock to block the avatar directory if it's causing you hassle at work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal