UKBouldering.com

check your nuts (Read 1954 times)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 12:18:06 pm
The most wierd near death experiance just happened to me.

Right then, driving along doing about 80 and I start to get a weird vibration from the front wheel, pucture i thought straight away, so started swaying the car to check as I was doing so the noise got more intense then the whole car started to vibrate, so i pull over straight away.

I check all around the car but no sign of anything.    ???

Took it straight into the garage, the guy sticks it on the ramp, and said fuck you are lucky, what i said, he then started to pull all my whell nuts out one by one with his hand, every single one of them on the front passanger side had sheared. totally snapped  :o

Well a new hub and £500 later, Im now so paraniod,

The car is only 5 years old but he said It was maybe down to over tightening last time i got the tyre changed.

Beware

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1 Re: check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 01:20:26 pm
I've been there before! Except I was in a minivan with 14 others and the wheel did actually shear off as we were cruising 80mph on a motorway. Amazingly the renegade wheel didn't take out any other cars and we swerved into the hard shoulder without hitting anyone else and no one was injured. It was quite impressive to look at, the hub was white hot!

webbo

• forum hero
#2 Re: check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 01:24:23 pm
my experience of this was when i was a bus conductor in another life.the back wheel fell off our double decker in shipley bus station.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 03:56:08 pm
when my camper went in for work on the brakes the wheelnuts needed to be cut off as the previous owner hadn't transferred the locking wheel nut keys (4 sets!!!), I drove it away from the garage happily until I got home and realised that each wheel only had one nut on, the rest were just the nut covers!!! Cowboys, thankfully now they are out of business (not unsuprisingly).

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#4 Re: check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 06:33:00 pm
when my camper went in for work on the brakes the wheelnuts needed to be cut off as the previous owner hadn't transferred the locking wheel nut keys (4 sets!!!), I drove it away from the garage happily until I got home and realised that each wheel only had one nut on, the rest were just the nut covers!!! Cowboys, thankfully now they are out of business (not unsuprisingly).

robbing b$%&*£rd's

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: check your nuts
October 04, 2007, 09:51:23 pm
he was doing worse, namely charging for full reto's on beetles and campers where he basically plated things instead of replacing panels, and everyone (well most I guess) knows that if you weld to shit metal it isn't worth doing.

Paz

• junky
#6 Re: check your nuts
October 05, 2007, 02:57:09 am
...or better still get someone else to check them for you. 

Testicular cancer kills.  and there's nothing lke a cheap thrill.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal