UKBouldering.com

What do people put on their fingers these days? (Read 26504 times)

kelvin

• forum hero
elizabeth arden eight hour cream

:agree:

Original 8 hour cream for me as well. It is a bit greasy however it helps my tips to heal faster than anything else that I have ever tried. Make sure to get the orange original stuff though and not the white hand cream that they also brand as 8 hour hand cream.

This one? http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Day-Cream-Moisturisers/ELIZABETH-ARDEN-8HOUR-50ML-CREAM-THE-ORIGINAL-TUBE-BOXED/p/333600#.VRSJLvmsWJc

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
I'm with fiend.... Climb on... Or whatever the Metolius version is called, anti hydral ( sparingly on the rare multi day trips) and a shit ton of super glue.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Handy Gurugu from the hippy capitalists at Lush.

It's very good.

I rate this stuff too. A good compromise between greasy but effective. As it were.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

Original 8 hour cream for me as well. It is a bit greasy however it helps my tips to heal faster than anything else that I have ever tried. Make sure to get the orange original stuff though and not the white hand cream that they also brand as 8 hour hand cream.

This one? http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Day-Cream-Moisturisers/ELIZABETH-ARDEN-8HOUR-50ML-CREAM-THE-ORIGINAL-TUBE-BOXED/p/333600#.VRSJLvmsWJc

that's the one

after posting, I remembered that Mrs Starfish had asked me to get another tube for her

Superdrug on The Moor in Wadtown said they don't stock it any more, but Bodycare (similar to superdrug) have it in for 13 quid - on shelf behind the counter; you have to ask for it

battery

• obsessive maniac

That looks like the one, and that's a bargain, will have to pick some up

creedence

• regular
Just regular cocoa butter does the trick for me:
http://www.superdrug.com/Holiday---Prepare-to-Bare/Palmer%27s-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Jar-100g/p/379149?gclid=COCArf-MyMQCFaIewwod9pEA0g&gclsrc=aw.ds#.VRUS-eFtCy4

Cocoa butter is often one of the base compounds in the climbing specific balms, and you don't have to cut off one of your arms to pay for it.  So you can have good skin, and two hands...

hstmoore

• player
a chemist once posted on UKC saying he had tried various moisturising-related ingredients on his hands using his the concentrated amounts he has access to.

according to him, concentrated vitamin E was the best for promoting skin growth.

You can get vitamin E cream from superdrug and it seems to work well for me.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
That or sudocream if I'm skint.

I've yet to do a multi day bouldering trip since having to buy things like nappy cream, but given how quickly it sorts out nappy rash, I reckon Bepanthen is worth doing some testing on to see how quickly it gets fingers healing.

Wood FT

• forum hero
That or sudocream if I'm skint.
I reckon Bepanthen is worth doing some testing on to see how quickly it gets fingers healing.

It's what tatooists suggest.

What's the crack with that Elizabeth Arden stuff? People seem to rate it but I need anecdotes before I go looking for my girlfriend's (think Raiders of the lost Ark)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Neutrogena Norwegian formula, unscented (red top). Hands down the best moisturiser.

I use the 8 hour stuff when Jim brings it out in font. No idea if it works but there is definitely a psychological boost from the supposed expense.

petejh

• forum hero
Cocoa butter is often one of the base compounds in the climbing specific balms, and you don't have to cut off one of your arms to pay for it.  So you can have good skin, and two hands...

But need to use double the amount of cream as us one-armed smarties...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Neutrogena Norwegian formula, unscented (red top). Hands down the best moisturiser.

I found this to be the best hand stuff when working outside a lot - especially for the back of hands and cracked sides of fingers

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
What's the crack with that Elizabeth Arden stuff?

the chicks dig it

tomtom

• forum hero
What works best on knees?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
stealth pads

tomtom

• forum hero
stealth pads

Will mrsTT have some of those in her cupboard along with the hand cream I pinch?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
probably keeps them in the same place as the ladder

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
What works best on knees?

Burt's Bees. Is it good?

tomtom

• forum hero
probably keeps them in the same place as the ladder

Next to the rohypnol?

standard

• obsessive maniac

Seconded

haydn jones

• forum hero
Anti-hydral, superglue, and tape. Usually in that order.
That was litrally me last night with three of my tips

hamsforlegs

• regular
  • Wildcat. Pkow.

The concentrated blue top stuff is also ace and is a bit smaller if you're carrying it around.

Sainsburys does an own brand Vitamin E hand cream which seems to work really well as an overnight cream. Cheap as chips.

ben

• obsessive maniac
I've yet to do a multi day bouldering trip since having to buy things like nappy cream
so true

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
The concentrated blue top stuff is also ace and is a bit smaller if you're carrying it around.

That's the same stuff just scented. I meant the concentrated not the bigger creamy stuff.

Doylo

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal