UKBouldering.com

Help naming this problem at Elephant? (Read 5030 times)

dave k

• obsessive maniac
Help naming this problem at Elephant?
April 16, 2014, 06:04:51 pm
One of my students did this but we didn't know the grade. Felt like 6c/7a to me, but easier for the tall. It is located quite far into Elephant. Overhanging wall with very polished feet and uses a big pocket/undercling with right hand to reach, then match a thin finger edge and then top. A one move wonder really, but his hardest confirmed problem is 6A so thisb maybe a new level. Not part of a circuit.

I have tried to attach a photo, but not sure if it will work

http://rs1272.pbsrc.com/albums/y400/Reaper22dwk/DSCF0758_zps2911adbe.jpg~320x480?t=1397667043

dave k

• obsessive maniac
Oops didn't mean this to be in news. Sorry.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
what circuit problems are near it?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Felt like 6c/7a to me............ very polished feet

Probably a 5+ then! :lol:

joel182

• obsessive maniac
I also climbed this on a trip to Font last year! From what I can tell, it's opposite La Tortue (blue 50). Here's a photos we took from the top of La Tortue that shows someone looking at a line just next to it.
Had no luck in finding a grade for it either.

dave k

• obsessive maniac
I also climbed this on a trip to Font last year! From what I can tell, it's opposite La Tortue (blue 50). Here's a photos we took from the top of La Tortue that shows someone looking at a line just next to it.
Had no luck in finding a grade for it either.

Thats the one. Given the amount of polish it is wierd that it is not listed on Bleau.info. I thought it might be Jumping Jack, but the description doesn't fit, except the 6C grade, with 5+ dyno for tall.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That 4+ looks well good as do the other problems there. Don't think I've been to that bit of Elephant although I've ventured quite far in.... Lagers?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
If it's opposite the photo taken from above (a black slab at 5ish) then it's a 4/4+ if it's the people in the same photo (wearing white) then I think it's on a circuit.

This used to have a fair bit of grafitti / smoke damage is this the one?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Just realised there are over 80 problems on the blue circuit and I was basing my knowledge on ticking the more obscure black problems with lagers.

Only 30 odd on the black so I was obviously talking out of my arse re going quite far in.

dave k

• obsessive maniac
If it's opposite the photo taken from above (a black slab at 5ish) then it's a 4/4+ if it's the people in the same photo (wearing white) then I think it's on a circuit.

Definitely some graffiti evidence there. It is  the problem between the 2 groups of climbers in the photo. It could be 4+ for the tall I guess.

kelvin

• forum hero
I'm pretty sure I managed this back in Sept with a couple of Belgian guys I met and if I remember rightly, their guide (I didn't have one) said it was a 4+. Everything at that grade felt nails to me all trip tho, so I'd have thought nowt of it. I'll have a nose at my pics when I get back from Wales, as I'm sure I may have a pic of one of them on it.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.

Definitely some graffiti evidence there. It is  the problem between the 2 groups of climbers in the photo. It could be 4+ for the tall I guess.

I'm short and fat and did this in mid summer 2 years ago and thought it wasn't over graded at 4+. Just a 'font' problem, I see to remember a bit of technique followed by a bounce to the jug/lip Nb short = 5'7" and fat = 13 stone or so. And if anyone say's I'm heavier than 13st Dawes reckons he never got above 11st so I have plenty in hand (fnnrr fnnrr) on that measure.

fried

• forum hero
Could be the snappily named '-'.

http://bleau.info/elephant/20717.html

It's in the correct place.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I nominate it be known herafter as Dumbo

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I was thinking that I remembered doing it as a pad sitter, so Fried is probably right

is Shark still there?

he should volunteer to do some field research in between cakes and wine

(and take a photo to put on Bleau.info to help other people identify it)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal