UKBouldering.com

north german bouldering (Read 2990 times)

tc

• junky
north german bouldering
June 25, 2011, 02:16:46 pm
Only going off thread a few hundred miles.Do you know any interweb sites where I might find info on bouldering anywhere near Bielefield give or take 50 miles.
Cheers.

Yes, but only auf Deutsch: kletternimnorden.de has info for a quarry in the Teutoberger Wald. Click on Teutoberger Wald -> Bielefeld -> Halleluja-Steinbruch

If it's raining or dark there's a good bouldering room in the German Alpine Club wall, Speicher1.

Do you know anything about any of the other areas on that site.There seems to be a lot of blocks at Hartz Okertal.I can work out that not all the areas have topos but does it have directions to the crags.

Sorry about the late (and therefore probably useless) reply to this, Webbo, but I've been out for a while and I've just got back in. Next time you go to Bielefeld, there are three places you should definitiely check out:
1. Ith Süd / Bauklotz          
2. Ith Süd / Biwakwand          
3. Steinberg / Pferdestall
All three are in the Weser-Leine limestone area and all have some really good bouldering. 1+2 are on the same long escarpment on the hill above the town of Eschershausen (some good routes there, too).
The granite bouldering in the Harz (Okertal) is very good but most of the blocks are hard to find without the local guide/ a local guide.
Ralf Kowalski's site www.kletternimnorden.de is a good resource (in German). Let me know if you want any more specific info.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:24:04 pm by tc »

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 11:41:25 am
cheers for that.
It is too late for the trip as we are now back.It didn't matter anyhow as we came back early afer the missus fell off some steps whilst putting up curtain rails.However as my daughter is likely to be out there for 3 or 4 years I'm sure there will be other trips.
I did get a photo copy of some pages of the Okertal guide which had a map of some of the blocks.I got to quarry and wall in Bielefeld,but will check those other spots out next time.
Is there an issue with using chalk on some of those Ith crags.

tc

• junky
#2 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 01:03:24 pm
Never had a problem using chalk there.

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 01:54:21 pm
My mistake someome on uk climbing linked me to some stuff on their data base .Which had the Ith and Teutoburger Wald and it was the latter where it says chalk is banned.
I will defo get back in touch if I'm going back out there.

tc

• junky
#4 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 03:32:18 pm
If you want a bit of German Romantic "Waldsamkeit", go to the Goettinger Wald, not the Teutoburger Wald. The climbing is better!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 03:37:57 pm
Do all the houses in Escherhausen have wierd staircases?

tc

• junky
#6 Re: north german bouldering
June 27, 2011, 04:37:20 pm
M.C. Escher walks into a bar. The bartender says, “hey, want to hear a joke? Okay, so M.C. Escher walks into a bar. The bartender says, “hey, want to hear a joke? Okay, so M.C. Escher walks into a bar. The bartender says, “hey, want to hear a joke? Okay, so…

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal