UKBouldering.com

Another "weasling out of paying parking fines" question :) (Read 1565 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Overstayed my welcome on council run onstreet parking by 20mins and am being charged £30 for the privilege woohoo (which I discovered when I went out to top-up my parking ticket).

Now have just tried to pay my fine online and it seems I have been given an invalid Penalty Charge Notice Number. I have been given RP1500112A, this is printed very clearly and unambiguously. When I enter this on their website it is invalid, and their help section says:

Quote from: robbing bastards who are charging me £30 for 5ps worth of overtime
Parking Fine Serial Number
Enter the serial number displayed on the parking fine, this will always start with the letters RO followed by seven numbers ending with another letter. eg. RO6001909A or this could start with the letters RP followed by eight numbers. e.g RP12345678

Ignoring the daft lack of common sense in this number being called something different, my number is RP followed by seven numbers and ending with another letter, which is neither of the above, hence being invalid.

Best way to contest this?? I have no qualms trying to weasel out on a technicality, I pay my parking like a good little mensch, this was just being slightly late to pay for more of it. Should I ignore it, or respectfully point out and say I can't possibly pay?? Ta in advance  :-*

Paul B

• forum hero
pepipoo forums will sort you out.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Since I discovered how much a well known firm of solicitors gives to the Labour Party I'm not sure I should advise, but, in the spirit of genorous well being that's permeating my soul I will.

Is this a weegie thing?  If so write offering to say some Hail Mary's and send a bottle of buckfast.

Alternatively write them a cheque but change the last number of the account to a letter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal